Mods not working even with mod manager.

AkiLeaves

I have Skyrim, and it works perfectly fine. I downloaded the mod manager, and it detected Skyrim, and connected to it perfectly fine. When I download the mods, they appear in the mod manager, I activate them, and then when I check my skyrim data folder, the mod files are THERE, so they should work, right?

I also make sure to have all pre-requisite mods and stuff, so I'm not understanding what is wrong. Once again, the mod manager detected Skyrim, the mods appear in the data folder, but none of them work at all when I boot Skyrim up; even when I launch it FROM the mod manager.

Does anyone have any ideas why it's not working?

Is it the steam connected Skyrim the mods do not appear to be working with? some versions of Skyrim have issues with mods.

Is it the steam connected Skyrim the mods do not appear to be working with? some versions of Skyrim have issues with mods.

No, it is not the Steam Skyrim. :( It seems to work fine for my brother though. I'm wondering if it is a permissions issue or something.

No, it is not the Steam Skyrim. :( It seems to work fine for my brother though. I'm wondering if it is a permissions issue or something.

If you do not have the Steam version that could well be your problem.

Rabbit

If you do not have the Steam version that could well be your problem.

Rabbit

So, I might not be able to use mods at all just because I didn't buy the game off steam? ._.

no there should be basis for that, make sure your game is upto date, thats the most common cause of mods not working

are you using skse? cause if you are you should use the skse_launcher not the standard tesv.exe

if everything is in the right place and the .esp's and .esm's are checked in the skyrim data files in the proper launcher then it's almost definately your version of skyrim, the latest patch is 1.8.151.0.7

So, I might not be able to use mods at all just because I didn't buy the game off steam? ._.

You don't need to buy the game off Steam, just run it through Steam. To put it another way - when you start the game. does Steam start up and log you in?

no there should be basis for that, make sure your game is upto date, thats the most common cause of mods not working

are you using skse? cause if you are you should use the skse_launcher not the standard tesv.exe

if everything is in the right place and the .esp's and .esm's are checked in the skyrim data files in the proper launcher then it's almost definately your version of skyrim, the latest patch is 1.8.151.0.7

I installed steam, signed in, connected Skyrim, got NMM set up, logged in through steam, and the mods still don't worrrrk....

Sounds like you may have load order issues, or a mod that needs Skse or the like.

Have you downloaded and run BOSS for load order? BOSS is a regular program, not a mod. If you download the installer version it will install itself like a regular program. The BOSS GUI is extremely easy to use.

Ckeck the boss for displaying the log as a text file (not html), and then you can cut/paste easily to a post.

After you run BOSS, read through and take care of any messages about conflicts, needed .esms, etc. Once you've done that, if it still isn't working, you can post that mod list and people can possibly give you more specific help.

Edit--if you just connected to steam for the first time, you probably just got updated to the 1.8 patch. You will need to make sure you have the correct version of skse, if you use that.