What do you think should be "added" to make Fallout 3 better

maYuYang

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=84572

A Warhammer 40K Conversion Mod, there has been a little discussion about it already which has been sealed by the mods because it was relatively unproductive. But Fallout 3 game world seems to fit relatively well with the Warhammer 40k universe. Some discrete steps that can be taken to this end should be to:

Modify Super Mutants to Adeptus Astartes Space Marines/Chaos Space Marines/Ogryn/Orkz

Modify some combat armor into Imperial Guard armor with the laser pistols/rifles into laspistols/lasrifles

Changing the ripper into a proper chainsword

Adding a power armor for Super Mutants that conforms to the Mark 3/4 Warhammer 40k Power Armor

Add or modify weapons to conform to Bolt Pistols and Bolter Rifles

Modify the flamer to match the Imperial Flamer

Modify Ghouls into Eldar/Tau

And I'm sure there are plenty of other things that I'm just not thinking of at the moment. However, each of the above mods are a discrete step that can be taken at any time without the need of any another. I'm personally trying to learn Blender so I can start modding weapons, but I've never done anything like that before.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like reloading, switching weapons, and applying stimpacks or other meds/chems to cost AP points, to be more like the original games. Basically, when you perform these actions outside of VATS, your AP total takes a hit and starts to tick back up.

A very expansive mod that let's you build a big boat from the parts of a crashed vertibird and assorted other scrap, and going on a quest out at sea in true Waterworld fashion, maybe get a mutation perk that allows you to breathe under water. Heck, you could even meet whoever have taken over the tanker from Fallout 2 after the descendant of the Vault Dweller was done with it and had returned his tribe to land. Maybe whoever took it over, hacked the computer to take them to Europe or Africa in stead of the floating debris of an oil-rig. Maybe the player could even follow them, or just find small settlements and an island out on the seas... again, just like in water world.

The player would need to stock up his boat with plenty of food and drinkable water before setting off... and possibly take Wadsworth with him to be able to use the condensation collectors... maybe kill and disassemble Wadsworth to make a more effective condensation collector.

Also put in true moral ambiguity, in stead of having to switch between evil and good to stay neutral.

Just some quick ideas for old school random encounters.

Aperture Science vault with GlaDoS computer.

Box Canyon with different colored Power Armored Red vs Blue guys... you know Church, Tex, Sarge, Caboose, Tucker, Griff, Simmons, Donut, Doc, Lopez and Shiela.

A group of ghouls dancing to the Thriller (each user would have to add the song themselves though)

Some crazy guy runs at you screaming "Aaaaargh the wanamingoes are after me!" and then runs away.

Sometime after you find the Alien Blaster you meet two men in black suits, one of them holds something up that flashes brightly, and when the screen fades back the men and your Alien Blaster is gone.

Another random encounter that could happen after that is that you run across the Men in Black base so you can go in there and retrieve your Alien Blaster, either by becoming an honorary member, or by slaughtering them all, or by sneaking in and stealing it.

Add the fuzzy Elvis picture to the stuff at the UFO.

Find the Café of broken dreams filled with Fallout fanboys in Vault 13 jumpsuits whining about everything they hate about Vanilla Fallout 3 and how much better the old games were.

Run into a little brat of a kid with bare chest and a hockey mask who calls himself The Humungus and is armed with a scoped .44.

Hmmm... that's all I can think of for now, give me some time and I'll add more to the list.

Heres a suggestion for those of you who wants to do crazy things in fallout 3, once the GECK is released this is most likely possible.

Sure shooting off a person's head seems gory and fun, but what if you can blow off a person's arm and they still are alive? Blow off a leg and they'd squirm around trying to get up, and the mod allowing you to continuously shoot of a monster's head and it still runs at ya.

Maybe its a good idea for a zombie mod, and somehow make it possible for them to continuously able to attack you until you've blown off their head.

Well, you'd have to work around them losing a leg. Perhaps if they Ragdoll for a few seconds, then switch to a crawling animation, it's work.

But aside from that, yeah, it'd be pretty cool to make Ghouls a lot tougher. Of course, torso shots would still kill them, they're still technically 'alive', but they could shrug off stuff that'd kill normal people.

*Imagines the Dunwich Building with that Mod*

*Changes underpants*

Shooting/hitting limbs off and not killing the victim..

Crippled limb? HAH HOW ABOUT NO LIMB?

Maybe if your limbs got shot off you'd have to go find them and get them sewn back on and treated by a doctor.. or sneak into a vault and get it replaced.

And maybe cybernetic limbs as well, you'd have to repair them using scrap metal and blood packs but maybe have them give resistance bonuses and such.

I'v been trying a way to word this but you just took em out of my mouth.

While I was happy that Beth updated the engine that you could blow of the head of an NPC you idd can't seem to make em lose limbs without killing them. Or losing a limb yourself ! so anyone who thinks he/she might be able to do this , please !!!

well if anyone takes up this project but needs a moddeler I'd be glad to help , I can model ,and I think I can texture if I put the time in it. I can NOT rig poo at all. as for the limbs I might try some things out when I get back from work, I'm thinking my Zbrush might be more of a handy of remoddeling/adding seams , although I warn you that I'm more into organic moddeling. If it doesn't fit then I'll start something from scratch.

I'll see what I can do, if I sucseed in something thats sharable I'll toss it up for use on the nexus.