The First Screenshots of the DLC Dragonborn

daventry

They're annoying, true, but no worse than bears/wolves/sabercats/dragons can be. I like cliffracers more than bears. Stupid, annoying, loud bears. :facepalm:

Why would someone do that???? That is indeed how the world ends ;)

As far as the bears go - I kind of agree... but after watching

(and
) a few times, the bear bellow just makes me laugh...

I'm really liking this so far, though I"d like to see more on spears. Hope its not like Dawnguard where we only got one kind of crossbow.

I'm also not liking that it looks like we'll have to wait till the new year to play it on PC.

technically Dawnguard had two crossbows, Steel and Dwarven. Each with two types, Standard crossbow or enhanced crossbow that ignored armor.

However that wasn't a problem since modders could make models for the other types of materials, the issue from the begining was making animations for that weapon.

even if we get only one type of spear in Dragonborn, that the goblin things have, yet it is fully animated the waya spear ahould be, then it will be no problem to use some of the current spear models on the nexus to behave as they should.

Just out of complete and utter randomness witch is seriously unlikely, lets say you go to Solstheim and you find the Snow Elf Prince and found a way through his Blood (DNA) to Cure the Falmer, would they still Attack the Player and what would a Half Mutated Falmer/Snow Elf look like, since Galibor said they have developed Intelligence.

Lets say you Replay the Game, would you Immediately go to Solstheim and then eventually return to Skyrim to play the rest of the Game and the MQ plus Dawnguard.

Well, we already found the Snow Prince in Morrowind. Considering we disturbed his tomb, i'd be surprised if his body survived another 200 years. Even if it did, the body was completely dessicated, so the likelyhood of any useable blood being derived from it is unlikely at best. Third, one assumes that DNA plays a role in the TES universe, something which has never really been supported, its more about magic and gods than genetics.

Finally, do we need another race of Mer running around? Look at the ones we have. The Bosmer are really the only remotely pleasent ones, and their all cannibals.

As far as the bears go - I kind of agree... but after watching

(and
) a few times, the bear bellow just makes me laugh...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltw6p9ZY561r5f0jwo1_1280.png

Well, we already found the Snow Prince in Morrowind. Considering we disturbed his tomb, i'd be surprised if his body survived another 200 years. Even if it did, the body was completely dessicated, so the likelyhood of any useable blood being derived from it is unlikely at best. Third, one assumes that DNA plays a role in the TES universe, something which has never really been supported, its more about magic and gods than genetics.

Finally, do we need another race of Mer running around? Look at the ones we have. The Bosmer are really the only remotely pleasent ones, and their all cannibals.

More to the point, the Falmer are pretty obviously designed to be the Skyrim equivelent of orcs. That is, not the orcs they already have, because those guys are mostly okay, I mean like LOTR-style orcs - just this huge horde of ugly semi-feral savages. With that they fill an important niche in the game, especially since Skyrim doesn't have goblins.

So, I don't see them getting "cured" any time soon. Especially since the game is hinting that people are only now becoming aware of their existance as they are growing bolder and more industrious (with advanced armors starting to show up with Downguard) and that there may be an insane number of them lurking in the depths.

If anything, I expect a DLC featuring some kind of major conflict with the Falmer down the line.

I wonder who's going to get us to Solstheim. Probably it'll be some new NPC, but I think it would be good if it was one of the ship captains, maybe Lonely-Gale from Windhelm (if he's not retired, that is) or Kjar, also from Windhelm. I mean, I'm not expecting some big quest to gather our crew like it was in Gothic 2, but I think it wouldn't hurt to put one of the captains to such use. Edited by Inquart

I wonder who's going to get us to Solstheim. Probably it'll be some new NPC, but I think it would be good if it was one of the ship captains, maybe Lonely-Gale from Windhelm (if he's not retired, that is) or Kjar, also from Windhelm. I mean, I'm not expecting some big quest to gather our crew like it was in Gothic 2, but I think it wouldn't hurt to put one of the captains to such use.

I've heard you take a boat from Windhelm after getting attacked by some Miiraak cultists.

I've heard you take a boat from Windhelm after getting attacked by some Miiraak cultists.

Sounds like Tribunal. Hopefully they remember to have this trigger after you are declared Dragonborn, instead of when you are a level 1 nobody attempting to get to Whiterun. And hopefully they won't continually attack you.

Edited by nakakita

Sounds like Tribunal. Hopefully they remember to have this trigger after you are declared Dragonborn, instead of when you are a level 1 nobody attempting to get to Whiterun. And hopefully they won't continually attack you.

As far as I am aware, you dont have to be named Dragonborn for the DLC to start, though I have heard Miiraak has different dialog if you have already beaten Alduin.

But yeah, its pretty much Tribunal.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000