Hearthfire Heljarchen Hall

Acleacius

Does anyone know the Quest Stages to 'Begin Building Your House", I've checked UESP.Net Wiki?

Specifically the "Use the Drafting Table" when building the first stage, is not updating to the 'quest stage' to "Use the Carpenter Table" correctly. The Quest Marker stays on the Drafting Table even though the Recipes show up in the Carpenter Table. I've tried using the Carpenter Table to build anyway. Even though it seems to use materials and remove the recipe once I click/build the actual house is not showing up on the land.

This is the third house being built, it's the one near Loreius Farm, others two houses seemed to work fine.

Thanks for any tips.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Still happening in 2014.

Heljarchen Hall does not build - why?

Why no reply from "those who know"?

I'm beginning to suspect the tree trunk in the middle of the site.

Why? Because I got to the point where I could build the "outhouses". These appeared around a square, in the middle of which was the tree trunk.

I could walk up the steps of an outhouse onto it's roof and then walk into the house through the adjoining door. The interior of the house was a paler colour than normal.

I could walk around the interior, but as soon as I walked through the front door, the house was gone. The outhouses were there, but they were surrounding an empty space.

I have disabled Hearthfire (NMM), run for a while, and re-enabled it. I have lost everything that I had stored in the other two self-builds - esp the dragon bone stuff - because they no longer exist. The adoptees are no longer adoptees, they are just kids with sad stories. It's as if I am starting from scratch again,yet when I go to build Heljarchen, I bang away, but nothing appears.

• 3 months later...

I am also having this issue. There is another problem with mine; I don't know if they are related or not, but the site where Hjelharchen Hall should be has a big terrain bug. The anvil and drafting table and such are floating on nothing and i can see under the world, i guess is what you say. links to screenshots show what im talking about.

Looking 'under' skyrim

Floating Objects

Terrain Bug 1

Terrain Bug 2