Texture Help Please

b0bulat0r

Hi Everyone

I've got a problem,

there is a texture missing which is causing big purple circles in several cells of my game,

I know what it is its called playerhouse_rug03

https://i.imgur.com/iTjH0Ml.png

I've reinstalled fallout 4 several times but one of the mods I'm using must be causing this, I've just gone from an install of 213 mods down to an install of 130 with most of them being different but i've got the same issue,

Is anyone able to send me a loose files version of this texture so I can fix it?

It's the only one i'm aware of being an issue.

Thanks

heyas b0bulat0r.

Well.... not knowing what that mod is from.... if it's the only texture that is having problems with the texture, that only leaves a few things that could be wrong.

1 the mod is not set up correctly with it's files.

2 the mod download is corrupted.

3 it's not installed correctly.

4 you may not have set up your ini files for invalid archives.

1 check the posts in the mod page to see if other users have posted similar problems.

2 try redownloading the mod and reinstalling it.

3 try reinstalling it

4 check you ini files.

hope this helps.

-Storm

ps: we don't know what mod that's from. so there's no way anybody could check to see if the file is faulty or not :wink:

pps: really cool pic that you've got for your avatar :)

Edited by StormWolf01

Hi

It's a vanilla asset from base fallout 4 which is why I assumed a re-install would fix it,

but some of my mods don't run unless they installed loose (not BA) so I'm guessing a mod has put a mesh in the path this asset uses without a texture so it can't read it,

I guess unpacking the fallout4.esm main and textures would fix it but thats a huge archive to undo,

I was hoping someone had access to just that specific texture because I know if you put textures in the path of a vanilla texture it overwrites it, (like some of the comic cover mods and things)

so sorry for the confusion its a missing vanilla texture

Heyas B0b! Ah, I see, my apologies! I thought that this file was from a mod.

So question. Have you updated to the latest release of the game? If so, you could try having steam verify your files and see if that works. If you haven't updated, then don't do this. A lot of your mods may not work afterwards.

I myself, have Not extracted any of my bsa files from the vanilla game. So I'm afraid that I don't have it, as a loose file. :(