Weapon o' Choice

RainsfordXY

Weapon choice  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Out of any combination of weapon types, what do you like to wander around the waste causing destruction with?

• Pistols. Nothing beats a quick to the trigger gunslinger.
    • Assault Rifles. GET TO DA CHOPPA!
    • Rifles and Carbines. If you see me, its too late.
    • Blunt Weapons. Because braining someone is simply simple enough.
    • Mechanical Melee. Chainsaws, rippers, cement saws, things that would make a grown man wet his pants.
    • Hand to Hand weapons. If Bruce Lee can take on 20 guys with his bare hands, so can you.
    • Blades. The way of the Wasteland Samurai... or ninja... or slasher
    • Big Guns. Let them know you mean business.
    • Missile weapons and explosives. Because you wanna hit them, and everyone around them.
    • Computer Weapons. Go Forth My machines and do my bidding!

Great poll! There's nothing like lining up a shot down the sights of a carbine. Or scoping out an area and trying to find the highest and most inaccessible ground, lying low and waiting for that perfect moment to pull the trigger; memorizing patrol routes and always leading just a little ahead of the enemy.

I wish thrown weapons were implemented more fully. Hurling a poisoned shaft into someone and imagining the surprise on their face is also a great deal of fun. I just wish there were more throwing spears and not only around legion-types.

Great poll! There's nothing like lining up a shot down the sights of a carbine. Or scoping out an area and trying to find the highest and most inaccessible ground, lying low and waiting for that perfect moment to pull the trigger; memorizing patrol routes and always leading just a little ahead of the enemy.

I wish thrown weapons were implemented more fully. Hurling a poisoned shaft into someone and imagining the surprise on their face is also a great deal of fun. I just wish there were more throwing spears and not only around legion-types.

I fully intend to do a mod where the Unreal Tournament announcer shouts 'HEADSHOT!' every time you cripple an enemy's head with a gun. >.>

*nods*

Rifle type weapons are a clear winner for me too... I feel compelled to mention that I am very big on versatility though, and my characters always carry a variety of weapons for different roles/areas. So while a dedicated marksman weapon will definitely be my 'primary' (Marksman Carbines especially, scoped for accuracy, but a high rate of fire when you have to face numbers - The Ruger mini-14 by Micalov is a good early-game equivilent). Then there will be an SMG type weapon (I like the GRA "Sleepytime", but I also have an MP40 added via a mod that I like), for 'interior' locations, where high fire rate is needed to counter the short range and reduced reaction times. I also carry both short and long range dedicated stealth weapons - A suppressed sniper-rifle for long (the normal sniper, not the AMR, too... un-subtle...) - A silenced pistol of some kind (anything from the .22 to the 10mm, I don't like the 12.7mm). Finally, there is the 'emergency/hold-out melee' weapon, for when avoiding melee is no longer an option... For that I like both the 'Broad Machete' of the "Couriers stash" and the 'GRA Katana' (So I can get my Wasteland Samurai on!).

But anyway, rifle-type weapons are my love in RL, having grown up on a farm, and served with the Australian army (with its wonder F88 Aus-Steyr bull-pup assault-rifles - Which I class as 'rifles' rather than 'assault-rifles' because while they have the full-auto option, they are at their best in semi-auto when you can make use of their rail-mounted scope(s))

~JD

PS: If someone could make me a stand-alone Steyr (including mods) for NV I would be eternally grateful: f88-steyr-a1-mk3

Edited by jonarus_drakus

I'm taking a departure from my usual playing-style on my most recent playthrough, opting for high-endurance/strength and emphasizing melee weapons and survival. And I've got to say, rushing someone with a katana, or 'Oh, Baby!' is surprisingly effective. The sheer number of blows you can land on someone almost guarantees more crippled limbs and staggers as well as knocking their weapon away, making for an easy and satisfying kill. The trouble is when engaging with multiple targets because you're completely vulnerable when attacking.

I'm taking a departure from my usual playing-style on my most recent playthrough, opting for high-endurance/strength and emphasizing melee weapons and survival. And I've got to say, rushing someone with a katana, or 'Oh, Baby!' is surprisingly effective. The sheer number of blows you can land on someone almost guarantees more crippled limbs and staggers as well as knocking their weapon away, making for an easy and satisfying kill. The trouble is when engaging with multiple targets because you're completely vulnerable when attacking.

Yeah that is an issue for me too. Just gotta have a lot of endurance or endurance perks.