Skill mastery perks

jgarling

Remember in Oblivion where you got little perks every time you got a skill to 25/50/75/100?

Well I purpose a perk gained automatically when you hit 100 for each of the skills. I plan on doing this when the CS comes out but if someone wants to get started by all means.... I just don't know how to proceed at current.

Anyway, here is a rundown of the perks I have thought up so far

Barter: Salesman

Grants 15% increase in the value of your goods to vendors

Big Guns: Where's the Beef?

Grants a 10% damage bonus to all big guns.

Energy Weapons: Frickin Lazer Beams

AP Cost of all Laser weapons is down 20%

Explosives: Lunchbox Hero

Bottlecap Mines no longer take a lunchbox to complete.

OR

Explosives: That was a Blast!

All explosive radii are expanded 20%

Lockpick: Steel Pins

Bobby pins are 50% more resilient to breaking

Medicine: Drug Lord

You are immune to Chem addiction. If currently addicted, you need only cure it and never be addicted again.

Melee: The Crit-Stick

Adds the equivalent of 5 luck in critical strike chance ("Finesse" for melee weapons)

Repair: Duct Tape

All armor condition loss is reduced by 25%

Science: l337 HAx0r

Increases the quantity of parentheses codes inside each puzzle.

Small Guns: Caretaker

Decreases the condition loss of your small guns by 25%

Sneak: Night Stalker

Grants you a stealth field when sneaking at night. (More or less Auto-Stealthboy when sneaking at night)

Speech: Smooth talker

Inserts a "Smooth Talker" button in the FAILED speech sector that allows you to return to the previous speech option screen and try again. Can only be used once per speech attempt. (This one could be hard to code)

Unarmed: Falcon PUNCH!

5% chance with any unarmed attack to deal 2000 damage and explode your target.

None of these are game breaking perks in my opinion and it gives you an incentive to get certain skills to 100.

Tell me what you think... or if you have any other ideas for the perks

I would like to see a perk that instead of disabling the bot, you convert it to your side... The better of robot wiz (Was it the perk?) perk...

Maybe a perk that enables to create bullets in workbench...

Maybe a perk that enables you to force the lock with the laser pistol? But only doubling the chance maybe... Cause it would be really overpowered...

A perk that enables you to mind control animals? depending on your cha and speech? imagine a death claw controlled by you :) A better perk for animal friend? (A useless perk IMO)

Maybe Ghoulification? huge boosts to agility, strength, endurance but major setbacks to speech, charisma, barter, and maybe even raputation, karma...

Mutation :) str increase agi increase, decrease int, cha, barter... you name it :)

These last two may be better than cyborg perk, since cyborg has no negative side, which is not balanced IMO...

Sounds like a neat idea. I missed the extra benefits leveling up got you in Oblivion. The closest we get is that certain things that require higher levels in skills. Like a door that can't be opened unless your repair is high enough, or someone you can't heal unless your medicine is high enough.

Actual perks would be pretty cool.

Archived