Better Looking GEMs

skymarin

Hi, im new to this forum and don't know how to upload pictures of these bad looking gems to show every one how bad they look, but i guess talking about it is the next best thing.

Can anyone make better looking gems(Not soul gems), i don't know how to make objects for skyrim, all i have ever done is copy and edit, i searched for better looking gems and got soul gems.

iI tryed searching better looking Jewels and got nothing, so i guess no one has made a replacement mod for these things yet, The only gems that look some what right are,

Emeralds, the flawless garnet and i think thats it, i hope someone can maje a better looking replacement.

Edited by skymarin

Okay, I think it would be an okay idea. There are a lot of things I would rather see, but this is a simple improvement that would look nice.

You realize you aren't suppose to bump in this forum right?

I do agree, it would be neat, I'd like to see gems included in the 'transparent soul gems/atronachs/bottles mod, that's about it though. Gems are just to small to worry about making them crazy high-def in my opinion.

DO NOT BUMP THREADS!!!

Anyway Gems are Pointless. If Someone made them more like the Gems in Diablo 2 that have the same Magical Properties but with Skyrim Magic and Effects then it would be more Interesting.

Diablo 2 Gems

Sapphire:

Weapons - (#) Frost Damage

Shields - (#%) Resist Frost

Helm/Armor/Boots/Gauntlets - (+#) to Magicka Gain.

Edited by Jitansgate

i don't need to hear about what you dislike about it, all i need is votes, thats it, ether you like the idea or you DON'T post anything, or you are going to make the mod, and the gems are to look shinny and HD, unlike the venilla crap, stop posting crap that is not ment to be seen, it was not asked for.

I do like the idea of them doing somthing rather then them just being a value, good idea "jitansgate"

Bumping is just another word for reply, cause every time someone reply's, it gets bumped, all ya need to do is not say bump, and ya get away with it......

We don't have any retexture mods for gems.

Mainly because the vanilla textures are awesome.

If you want the shapes to be more detailed, you can ask the author of Static Mesh Improvement Mod to take a look at them, I suppose.

And there's the MadeOfGlass Project. Makes gems look transparent.