BLOG PIECE: Nexus moderation system overhaul, etiquette and ethos

Dark0ne

myrmaad,

I've been in many types of debates, arguments, vicious bloodying of each other's personal character, whatever they could be called. Both in person and otherwise. And to be quite honest, it gets tiring. I'm familiar with your type, there's never anything more to it than you whining about my speech patterns and claiming it has some air of me being "oh SO much better than everyone else." I can't defend myself against an already made mind, and I don't care to waste the time doing so. It really doesn't matter how many half formed conclusions we throw around against the other party.

In the end, it just goes around in circles.

"Nattering walls of text sparkling with grandiose allusions to intelligentsia", is a dead give away.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hickory Are big words painful for you?

If I'm not incorrect, that sarcastic joke I just made probably puts me up at risk for a ban, doesn't it?

Like it or not, Mr.Anotherthrowawayaccount ( Ironic) has a alot of merit to his argument.

You are acting like dictators and eventually this is going to bite you back. i can understand troll posts getting banned, and spam of course, but when YOUR moderators ban people just because something in that comment ticked them off, that's where a line has to be drawn, that's when someone can be judged incapable of justifying the power bestowed to him.

Banning people for simply disagreeing with you or making an honest joke just so *someone* might not get offended is a prudish attitude, and one that will definately put off many a great people who are ready and willing to dedicate their time to this community. Not once and not twice i've seen this, you even banned great modders who contributed to this site, on less-than-meager "offenses".

I enjoy using this place as a resource for my modding experience, but damn, do I hate doing anything other than downloading here. Almost always greeted by insults and lowly sarcasm simply for asking questions. That is NOT how you build a community.

I do hope the site takes these comments into serious consideration, instead of smithing the banhammer on anyone for thinking differently.

@Hickory Are big words painful for you?

I am quite at home with 'big words', thank you very much. Would you like to elaborate?

@Hickory

I meant no offense to you, I used you as an example. I found ATAA's comment fully coherent, and figured you didn't because of all the uncommon words he threw around. So I used you to make a sarcastic joke as an example to something i've seen people banned for before.

Sorry for using you.

Edited by TohouAsura

@TohouAsura

I enjoy using this place as a resource for my modding experience, but damn, do I hate doing anything other than downloading here. Almost always greeted by insults and lowly sarcasm simply for asking questions. That is NOT how you build a community.

What you are saying you don't like about this site is EXACTLY what the staff is trying to prevent. Your whole post is an ironic mockery of itself.

Well... when a person needs so many words to hide that he is pissed off that he was banned for some reason and tries to make it look like the moderators were to blame or the system was wrong, and talks about historical mistakes or stuff like that... get a real life dude, it's just the internet^^

However, there are rules, and if someone breaks them or didnt even read them, its a hundred percent his fault.

we all are gamers and we all want this site to stay the way it is, and so we have to thank to the moderators and all the others responsibly for that and I personally support them in what they do to keep the atmosphere as it is.

And I have to admit that your text was to long for me to read it to its end, sorry mate :P but I get the most important things, I guess.

a "she"? :D now I know why she talks so much nonsense haha^^ sorry for that^^ just kidding

Edited by xPr0metheus

@Hickory I meant no offense to you, I used you as an example. I found ATAA's comment fully coherent, and figured you didn't because of all the uncommon words he threw around. So I used you to make a sarcastic joke as an example to something i've seen people banned for before. Sorry for using you.

Apology accepted.

@xPr0metheus "when a person needs so many words to hide that he is pissed off that he was banned for some reason and tries to make it look like the moderators were to blame or the system was wrong, and talks about historical mistakes or stuff like that... get a real life dude, it's just the internet^^^"

You know S/He was talking exactly about these type of comemnts?

Nice Ad Hominem.