My Fallout Story and Why: *spoilers*

Wolfskin75

Okay. let me clarify my reasoning behind my play through and why I choose some of the things I did. I don't play Nate. I feel like he would have So much PTSD that if he then saw his wife killed and his son stolen, I do believe he would go nuts and wipe out the wasteland and/or become the Raider boss of Nuka world. I don't believe Nate would care about re building I believe he would watch his world burn and die in either a hail of gun fire or a overdose of Drugs as he is burning the world down.

To me "Nora" seems the only logical choice if you want to "rebuild anything". She seems like she would be able to see through other people's perspective and help what I see as a bunch of babies with guns. Even the Minutemen. She is the only person alive with any kind formal training and not indoctrinated with someone racial views, or stupidity.

I also made my Nora to look like a woman who just had a baby like 3 months before the scene in the bathroom. I also made them look like they were new parents at 9am in the morning.

Edited by Wolfskin75

Yeah, but she isn't alive. I understand your reasoning, but Nora gets shot right off the bat. How do you bypass that?

Ok, nevermind. I guess if you play Nora, Nate gets shot. But don't you think that would kind of mess with her mind a bit? I feel she'd turn a bit psycho also. Maybe more so. This would add to any post-pardum issues she already has, don't you think?

How people deal with these things is all dependent on the person. Both Nate and Nora could respond the same way. If you want to have a realistic experience on how a person would act, don't play FO4. Nothing in there makes any sense.

Anyways, it could very well be that Nate would just harden his resolve. There's nothing that says he will succumb to PTSD and become a mass murdering lunatic. Although you can definitely role play that. I have played Nora as such and it was completely believable.

The player character experiences literally the exact same trauma, word for word, move for move, regardless of whether you click on the dude or the chick. The only difference is that one has a law background and the other has a military background, which says next to nothing about their personality or how they would respond to the loss of their spouse and child.

Honestly the fact that you assume the dude is gonna get violent and start killing everything in sight, and the chick is gonna be understanding and want to help everybody... sounds kinda sexist, dawg.

It's almost impossible to role play Nora using rationale. Why? At least playing with Nate that scene were they enter the "decontamination chamber" actually makes some sense. Mama cradling newborn infant. Believe me, maternal instinct is going to have her taking "the package" from Nate as soon as they get to safety - and not letting go until they get things sorted.

I pondered this, and even more IF I should respond to this?

Let me explain - To the OP: Have you ever seen a mother who lost a child like this or by an accidental death? I cannot tell you how many not only lost it, ( so did the dad ) .. most wound up divorced or worse. I know too many mom's that wound up on drugs or alcohol. So to just say Nora would be better, is neither " right " or " wrong ". Not every guy would / does go through PTSD. I know a few that turned their hurts into strengths by helping others.

So your ' reason ' has some faulty logic to it, if you are honest.

It's almost impossible to role play Nora using rationale. Why? At least playing with Nate that scene were they enter the "decontamination chamber" actually makes some sense. Mama cradling newborn infant. Believe me, maternal instinct is going to have her taking "the package" from Nate as soon as they get to safety - and not letting go until they get things sorted.

This would be true if Nora didn't trust Nate. I mean you could always roleplay that Nate is a terrible father and make that work.

If that makes the game more real to you, then by all means make a mod that does that. Shouldn't be too hard. At any rate the whole game is unrealistic. Even with all the "immersion" bs mods that are on the nexus the game has nothing and absolutely nothing to do with realism.

Hello from Greece.

if we want reality, then, every time the character die, the game must force us to start from the beginning. Something Fallout 4 must have from the day, it released.

(i spend my 90% of my time to build things, so i don't mind, what character i am going to use)

That's all. Good post.

Not so much reality, but immersion - i.e. things need to pass the common sense test.

The opening scene plays out in traditional fashion. Traditional family, with the male as the protector and the female as the nurturer. Standard social behavior on display here - in fact Leave it to Beaver type behavior. Nora even has to clue Nate in to what the child likes when he's standing by the cradle - standard fare if you ask me. One would expect standard social behavior in a time of crisis too, with the mother nurturing and protecting the infant and the father trying to protect the entire family.

For me at least, I'd need to rock an alternate start mod to explain why Nora is the protagonist. Then the opening scenes don't play out and I'm free to create whatever scenario I want. Then what I'm not exposed to doesn't break immersion.