NVAC: Question About Changing [Vanilla] Load Order

gremlinkurst

I'm currently playing 100% vanilla, but I'm being plagues with intermittent unpredictable crashes to desktop. I actually have two questions:

1. Will installing the New Vegas Anti-Crash mod change my load order, and if so, how will I be able to determine the load order for my DLCs after that?

2. (related) What's the best way to install this mod with question #1 in mind—manually, or should I use Vortex? What do pundits suggest?

Never mind. Site says I must upgrade to premium to get NVSE. That means I'm staying vanilla, and will NOT be modding the game, and simply have to put up with the accursed game evaporating whenever the Hell it feels like it.

Belay that. It seems that I'd already downloaded NVSE 5.2 ß4, so I'm set. I'll try installing this stuff tomorrow and see what happens.

Edited by gremlinkurst

Okay, this has now begun to get REALLY confusing and complicated. The ReadMe for NVSE now says I have to have G.E.C.K. installed. What is G.E.C.K. going to tell me I have to do? This seems to be an AWFUL amount of trouble for what was supposed to be ONE fix. Is there anyone that can tell me how to install the anti-crash fix so that I can UNDERSTAND what it is I'm supposed to be doing? It's very irritating every time I start a "simple" step to find that it has additional complications.

Ok from where are you trying to download is it here? http://nvse.silverlock.org/ if not please use the source I provided and follow the instructions. If you don't have something to extract the files from the .7z the download there provides get something like 7-Zip or an alternative.

Ignore the stuff about Geck, that is only important if you intend to make mods using nvse functions(if you don't know what this means just ignore it).

Then install NVAC, I recommend just installing it manually as per the mods instructions. But you could try installing it through Vortex, however experience has taught me that mod managers often have trouble with NVSE plugins for whatever reason so I don't recommend it. If you do end up going the Vortex route though make sure nvac.dll got correctly placed in your data/nvse/plugins folder, that is just as much work as installing it manually which is why I don't recommend it.