Gold Orcish Bow

spacedmonk

ive reviewed all the bows and i htink i like the look of the Orcish bow best. But it MUST be GOLD!!!! ;p can someone please make a really nice Golden Orcish bow? real shiny, fully gold, maybe with different shades of gold. and not at all dirty looking. should look like it was carried by a god.

ive reviewed all the bows and i htink i like the look of the Orcish bow best. But it MUST be GOLD!!!! ;p can someone please make a really nice Golden Orcish bow? real shiny, fully gold, maybe with different shades of gold. and not at all dirty looking. should look like it was carried by a god.

I played around with this last night but gold textures are kinda hard for me to get right...I'll keep playing at it. I have a working golden orcish bow in game thats craftable but I'm not at all happy with the textures so I'll be redoing them from scratch.

OMG srsly???? =D i really like the shape of that bow, just wish it was shiny gold, and not dirty at all. i downloaded that Creation Kit, but omg that looks like a whole other thing to learn. i use to play around with the hammer editor making Day of Defeat maps for fun. but opening up that Creation Kit and trying to see how to even OPEN a specific item let alone change a weapons skin color whatever. man looks like iits gona take some studying.

IF (!!!) you find no help and have experience with image editing:

If you just want to replace the texture you don't need the CK at all, just an image editor (PS,Gimp) with Nvidia DDS plugin, NifSkope and FO3ArchiveUtility - just google for the downloads (some links in my signatures weapon tutorial should still work), all for free except Photoshop.

1) With FO3ArchiveUtiliy open ...Skyrim\data\Skyrim-meshes.bsa , extract ...Skyrim\data\meshes\weapons\orcish\orcishbow.nif to exactly the same folder on your harddisk. Do the same with Skyrim-textures.bsa and ...Skyrim\data\textures\weapons\orcish\orcishbow.dds

2) Open orcishbow.dds (=texture) on your harddisc in image editor and edit it, like changing color to something more yellow/goldish, erase/stamp dirty areas, save it.

3) Open orcishbow.nif (=3D model contrainer with graphic settings) on your harddisc in NifScope, click on NiTriShape, BSLightningShaderProperties and play around with the marked values...like picking a goldish color and the values, normally the higher = the more shine/color.

http://666kb.com/i/c97i0trwc38rkrit8.jpg

... and in BSShaderTextureSet directly below change the path (cubemap\blabla) to textures\cubemaps\ore_gold_e.dds OR textures\cubemaps\bronze_e.dds - save, you can start Skyrim in a window, change values, save the .nif and reequip the bow ingame for instant preview. To undo the whole thing just delete the extracted .dds and .nif.

With the settings above and slightly edited texture it looks like this, just a quick 10min version to give you an idea...don't have the motivation to do the real thing since this might take hours.

http://666kb.com/i/c97i6qh2awvu097uk.jpg

greetings

ya i dont know how to do any of that, can someone please just upload a gold orc bow. PLEASE!!!! i love the shape of it, hate the color and dirtyness of it. MUST BE GOLD!!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE MAKE ONE. im sure i wont be the only one thanking u. garrenteed ull get atleast 30k downloads ;p Edited by spacedmonk

" garrenteed ull get atleast 30k downloads ;p "

False.

Most mods won't even hit 10k. :armscrossed:

well isnt that a nice technicality for u to point out. I was simply saying if someone released a gold orc bow i think they would get a lot of downloads. but thanks for going out of ur way to try and discredit what was clearly a speculative statement from a desperate skyrim'er. very mature of u.

Edited by spacedmonk

Ghosu left a really nice tutorial for you. I'm sure if you followed it and actually tried, you could do this kind of thing for yourself without having to rely on internet strangers to do the work for you.

"Bring a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime."