Would anyone be interested in a newspaper mod?

littleork

Would you be willing to take on a volunteer to do a few articles? I can't promise a lot of them, and I can't really do any work on them until after December 9th, but I think Skyrim needs something like this, and I'd like to help if I can.

This is a great thing, if only because updating NPC dialog to reflect quests done is way harder, since you'll have to edit thousands of conversations.

On the other hand, a newspaper is just one thing, updating it should be relatively trivial by comparison and it would a boon to immersion as the other posters have pointed out. Would love to see this mod, good luck!

Would you be willing to take on a volunteer to do a few articles? I can't promise a lot of them, and I can't really do any work on them until after December 9th, but I think Skyrim needs something like this, and I'd like to help if I can.

Of course! I am not the best writer around and they can take time, got around 80 more stories to write since I do more than just the main quest, I want to do articles about everything, about riverwood trader's break in, murderer in Windhelm etc. it can also be a nice little project for aspiring writer or journalist, if anyone is interested, just pm me :).

This is a great thing, if only because updating NPC dialog to reflect quests done is way harder, since you'll have to edit thousands of conversations.On the other hand, a newspaper is just one thing, updating it should be relatively trivial by comparison and it would a boon to immersion as the other posters have pointed out. Would love to see this mod, good luck!

I wish I could update the npcs dialogs but that might be too much, especially since I don't have access to the voice actors :S, articles will be available as you complete quests, some will be available from the start while other will need some quests done to be available.

This is awesome... if you have a list, l could submit an article or two. I'm not positive how accurate it would be to the style of speech for skyrim, but i can try - if you don't think it fits in, don't use it.

Dyou have a basic format you're using?

ie newspapers in the real world use the heading + content with the catch/hook in the heading itself - would l be trying to draw attention, the "this just in" equivalent in skyrim? Or would you want something else?

If we end up having radically different styles of writing, but everything 'looks ok' otherwise, maybe the ones that don't fit could become a rival newspaper, or just another city covering the same event slightly differently. Duplicate issues between the writers might not be too much of an issue since you seem to be having separate papers for the different cities anyway. Redundant maybe, but Whiterun and Solitude probably have differing ideas on public execution and beast races vs Riften and Windhelm. Edited by nakakita

This is awesome... if you have a list, l could submit an article or two. I'm not positive how accurate it would be to the style of speech for skyrim, but i can try - if you don't think it fits in, don't use it.

Dyou have a basic format you're using?

ie newspapers in the real world use the heading + content with the catch/hook in the heading itself - would l be trying to draw attention, the "this just in" equivalent in skyrim? Or would you want something else?

I just write it as an article really, I don't go with any specific style to fit with Skyrim, that could be too much work, I just try to have a catchy title and the rest is up to the writer.

I am careful to not talk about stuff that there is no way the writer would know, ie: Nobody saw you talk to Paarthunax, so you won't see anything about that.

I have 10 articles already written for reference so I can send an example tonight to people who are interested in helping and I have the list as well, just not on this computer.