Pip Warrior

Angelsilhouette

I've seen people ask for different colour pip boys, ask for an under texture that tapes/wraps up the arm and hand to hid the skin, but none asking for a new pip boy mesh.

I think it would be a very nice addition to have an armoured vambrace and gauntlet with the pip controls built into the side in the same approximate position as they are now. This would make the pip look better when wearing power armour and more sensible when wearing rad suits. (looks so silly to be wearing an environmentally sealed suit and then rolling up your sleeve for your pip boy. I've seen the pip worn OVER the sleeves of other outfits, why on earth would you roll the sleeve up on the suit where it's most important for you to leave it down??)

Sorry, sidetracked. :P

Anyway, it would look good with nearly anything else except maybe lingerie, but the current model doesn't exactly match any of the nicer clothes in game, anyway. Besides, if you didn't want to have a big armoured forearm replacing your pip boy, you wouldn't download the mod. ^.^

• 3 weeks later...

Really to fix the problem once and for all.. I think we need a modification of the pipboy itself..

Modify the third person Pipboy to be two little linked and raised nubbins that maybe emit light..

And the first person pipboy to look like those two nubbins are projecting light to a point, at which a plane is.

that plane is where the pipboy screen and "Virtual dials and knobs" would be I think..

So sorta a holo-projector for your arm, armors and clothes go right over them and they stick out maybe.

Really to fix the problem once and for all.. I think we need a modification of the pipboy itself..

Modify the third person Pipboy to be two little linked and raised nubbins that maybe emit light..

And the first person pipboy to look like those two nubbins are projecting light to a point, at which a plane is.

that plane is where the pipboy screen and "Virtual dials and knobs" would be I think..

So sorta a holo-projector for your arm, armors and clothes go right over them and they stick out maybe.

That's a neat idea, too. ^.^

>.> Though I still want better armoured gloves instead of the rubber gloves that the current armours use, heck you could use a retextured pipboy glove (mirrored for both sides) for the hand and the fingers from the power fist (mirrored for both sides, as well) and have two very nice armoured gloves. If I had any clue how to model and add them to the game, I would do it double quick.

Archived