Is The Dawnguard DLC Worth Getting

yk0520

I've been debating whether or not to add the Dawnguard dlc and would like to know what you think of it. Will the new items,abilities,locations,etc added make it worth having;or are we just getting another series of endless fetch quests and companions that are little more than arrow sponges/pack mules?

What are your opinions of it, both good and bad, and in the end, was it really worth buying or a waste of steam wallet funds?

I got on sale (which, I assume, is what you're considering doing as well) and at 33% off, it was worth the price I paid. The perks come down to interesting new locations, a nifty-looking new mount, and, of course, crossbows. The downsides are mostly the bugs. I needed to make two mods for personal use to simply complete the questline, and those were just for the game-breaking bugs. There were plenty of (relatively) minor technical glitches that were the cause of much frustration, without necessarily stopping my progress altogether.

I'd say go for it, but make sure to download and install the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch as well.

Yes definitely. The only problem is some mods don't support it yet. So I would say if you're not in a rush then wait a bit more unless your favourite mods are already updated for Dawnguard support ^.^

I believe steam is offering 33% off at present.

Yes I think both DLC's are worth getting. I was dead against hearthfire until one day I found myself with too much money and rectified the situation.

I don't regret buying either.

I think its worth getting. I hear people talk about bug but I don't think I really experienced any, but then the first thing I did after getting it was get the Unoficial Dawnguard Patch. I have to say I really enjoyed it personally and its on sale on Steam so why not get it. ^^ Edited by Jennifur68

I don't have it yet either, but now I see it's on sale. So maybe it's a good time to get it. I'm worried about bugs though. People had broken third person cameras and a bunch of other issues. And I have 250 active mods, so that might be a problem. Something in there isn't going to work properly. I haven't found that I've missed out on any special mods that require DG. There a few I would install if I had it, but nothing I considered to be a "must have", so I can't say that's a big incentive for getting DG at this point. The next DLC will probably have more dependent mods though.