ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

CTD after porting a weapon Mod from Oldrim

EldritchBloke

I've attempted to port 'Valkyrja - viking sword' from Oldrim to Se as the older version has a two-handed option whereas the authors own port to Se for some reason does not. I've unpacked the BSA archive, optimized the textures aswell as installed it on mod manager in a 7zip archive. Yet whenever I add in the sword via console and try to equip it, the game crashes. I've looked around for a possible solution and even edited the .esp in the Creation kit as per nexus' own guide for porting mods, in order to fool the game into reading the .esp properly. Despite this, I still CTD.

Could someone please show me the error of my ways, as I've been lead to beleive this should be a simple job, yet am confounded by my own stupidity. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I've finally found the answer after bout a million CTD's. Learned of the Cathedral Assets Optimizer, played around with the options and created various optimized .bsa files to see which one would do the trick and I've finally succeeded in getting this f***ing weapon to materialise.

A note for anyone who's having a similar problem - dont forget to open the .esp in the Creation kit, load it as an active file then save and exit it in order for it to convert from form 43 to 44, which SE can then use.

Edited by EldritchBloke