Not A Request But A Statement: I'm Done Making Mod Request.

KingDevin94

Well it's not like I wasn't telling the truth about people taking an advantage of someone apologizing and I do realize that I was wrong but like I said in my previous comment I am not going to apologize for everything I said cause I know how toxic most people are these days no matter how many times someone apologizes they will still hate on that person so If you people are going to act like that to me then I'm not going to apologize and besides there is a mod request topic in the forums for a reason obviously its up to the modder of weather or not they accept someone's request but if nobody is going to accept someone's request no matter what it is then that kills the point of having a mod request section in the forums so if no one is going to accept someone's request then why bother having a request forum in the first place.

Wow, this one is still going on. Looks like you got everyone's attention now as three more posts, after this one, you will have the most replies in the last three pages I seen of this section. From an outsiders, and new to the forum, member's point of view, maybe the thing here overlooked is the fine print.

Skyrim Special Edition Mod Requests
Got an idea for a killer modification that hasn't been made yet? Outline your ideas here and discuss it with others. Who knows, it might get created!
Let's break it down.....idea for a killer modification that hasn't been made yet? Note the "killer modification" and "hasn't been made yet". I would assume the killer modification portion would mean to the gaming community as a whole. That kind of being solidified with the hasn't been made part, depending on perception of course.
Outline your ideas here and discuss it with others. Sounds, again to me, like this place was created for people with the above mentioned criteria to converse with mod creators on such fitting ideas.
Who knows, it might get created! I am not seeing any guarantees for creation in this section nor through any of this outlined content mentioned above. I also do not see any indication that this is a personal request line for an individual's requested mod. This could also be supported by all the links on nexus and such for creating or editing basic mods. I guess they figure if you want to look at a bald, digital imaged pussy one would/could do that themselves, again my perception.
All that aside, myself I have never encountered being attacked or torn apart on nexus and certainly not for apologizing. Also noting through this read I do not believe anyone asked you for an apology. Not to say now that you do have all these mod creators attentions it wouldn't hurt your cause to do so. I sure the hell am not to that level myself, so you are up the creek here. Now that you do have an idea of what kind of time a mod creator has to put in, while the rest of us are playing our game, why not try to offer compensation through money, bartering, etc.
I have read from people loosing pets to loved ones request for mod authors to make them mods and obviously with some great supporting grounds for asking, for such a personal request, and always offering compensation. Hell my heart went out to these people requesting to have a follower mod that looked like their husband or a companion mod for a cat they lost. Who was given to them by their best friend who past before the cat. If I had the time and know how to do personal request mods those would be the ones I do them for and wouldn't care about the compensation.
Now, again my perception, I can relate to your given situation but knowing and seeing the things I have their is not much empathy for you with me. When I first read the title and first page replies outlining requirements and such, a day or so ago, I thought the tantrum would quit with some logical reasoning from folks. All that aside, my vote for most fitting reply, thus far two pages later, still goes to........drum role.......
*****Ethreon, hooray, with..... "Is this shitposting or are you serious?"

Trying to spin the narrative around to sound like the victim when you were the one in the wrong. Good stuff innit

Great contribution to this thread.

Let's break it down.....idea for a killer modification that hasn't been made yet? Note the "killer modification" and "hasn't been made yet". I would assume the killer modification portion would mean to the gaming community as a whole. That kind of being solidified with the hasn't been made part, depending on perception of course.

I have to disagree as what you're asking is beyond the scope of any simple mod someone would have time for. To restrict all mods to "The Next Vigilant or your mod idea is invalid" is an incredibly high standard that nobody will ever do.

I have read from people loosing pets to loved ones request for mod authors to make them mods and obviously with some great supporting grounds for asking, for such a personal request, and always offering compensation. Hell my heart went out to these people requesting to have a follower mod that looked like their husband or a companion mod for a cat they lost. Who was given to them by their best friend who past before the cat. If I had the time and know how to do personal request mods those would be the ones I do them for and wouldn't care about the compensation.

Please don't disrespect the dead like this. It's very distasteful and unfair to bring them up in this manner.

Trying to spin the narrative around to sound like the victim when you were the one in the wrong. Good stuff innit

It's the truth. OP posted something really crappy, now they're crying victim. This thread has probably run its course and maybe a mod can close it.

Edited by Ethreon

It's the truth. OP posted something really crappy, now they're crying victim. This thread has probably run its course and maybe a mod can close it.

Meanwhile you refuse to maintain proper converse and are now trying to Cancel this thread because you don't like it. Most of what you've said has been highly subjective. Your first post to this thread was an attack at OP's character and post instead of reading what he said.

Please inform me of how "Is this shitposting?" was not meant to be provocative.

Hello, I am sorry. Do you comprehend the English language?

I have to disagree as what you're asking is beyond the scope of any simple mod someone would have time for. To restrict all mods to "The Next Vigilant or your mod idea is invalid" is an incredibly high standard that nobody will ever do.

"I would assume".........Yeah I am not seeing the first hint of what you are talking about with........ "what you're asking is beyond the scope of any simple mod someone would have time for"........"I" am not asking for anything!!!!

Please don't disrespect the dead like this. It's very distasteful and unfair to bring them up in this manner.

Sorry but this one really pushed my button as I have already buried most my immediate family and loved ones! I ABSOLUTELY do not see where sympathizing with the living of lost loved ones is in anyway, shape, or form of "disrespecting the dead"!!!! You should try reading a post multiple times to make sure you do have a clear perception of what the person is trying to relate before responding back from another planet of relation :).

I couldn't help but notice that all of the requests another member rounded up and posted on the first page were made in the last month (the oldest being late January). Apparently, OP gets frustrated and lashes out if their requests aren't delivered posthaste.

Here's the thing: it's entirely possible that someone with the skills might have been considering some of the requests, but hadn't had time to do them yet. Mods often take weeks, sometimes months to complete, and active modders often have work already in progress and more waiting in the queue. So even if someone does take up any of OP's requests, it could be quite some time before the completed work is ready for upload.

Lashing out like this is not going to bring any of these requests any closer to being done.

~

Because the original post sounds too idiotic not to question if it isn't just a stupid joke. There's no discourse here, just someone being entitled and being told rightfully so they're wrong. No idea what's your gameplan, but defending this kind of behaviour is wrong and shitty.

~

Because the original post sounds too idiotic not to question if it isn't just a stupid joke. There's no discourse here, just someone being entitled and being told rightfully so they're wrong. No idea what's your gameplan, but defending this kind of behaviour is wrong and shitty.

I have to agree with Ethreon. When I first read the title I was floored someone could be so expecting of others for something they do for a "thank you" basically. Kind of hard to buy back time with Kudos. Not saying recovery is their ultimate goal or they surely would not be giving it out to us free. Personally, I think they are artist and just want people to enjoy the creations they bring to the world. There is literally multiple ways these concerns, of the OP's could have been handled to encourage a positive result, at the least.

Like mentioned, why not the offer of compensation. I am not meaning it all has to be of monetary value. From my readings on mod creation, mod creators need people to help test them. Why not a subject title mentioning something like that. Maybe if you have skills in one of the different areas they need, offer to help. All the tutorials offered on CK make it pretty "copy and paste," so to say, therefore maybe one can do some basic creating and the mod author can come back through adding the finishing touches. The CK tutorials from Bethesda have a different techs doing them corresponding to each area of creation. Within watching a couple videos one can make something. No, one may not be up to doing the navmesh, etc, but now the author does not have to spend time on the first steps or so. Plus, working with them one could learn more. Repetition of an action helps stick it to memory.

To clarify, from my first post, I did not mean this area should only be for the next Moonpath creation. I mean ideas that a percentage of the community would/could want to use. Say like I did a sketch of a new sword design that cause a little more damage. I then wanted to do a combo of two affects to create a new one, etc. That, I think, is a request the community could relate to. Or, one I thought of mentioning and possibly doing, is a bow from a cartoon I believe I watched as a child. Not remembering what it was from now, but when pulled back the bow created like a fiery type energy arrow. Thought of that from a mod for Azura's bow, I believe, that causes it draw its charge from the sun during daylight. Basic things like these on up to creations like Moonpath and above are what I believe nexus created this area for.

By the looks of responses to mod requests here, more meeting a person's "I want a mod to do", seem not to get the responses. Just lashing out because one is not getting their way will only end in one positive outcome and that is totally dependent on how open one is to realizing their mistakes. Mod on authors, you people rock!!