⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

GPU Upgrade Help/Suggestions

Hey everyone, I'm looking to upgrade my GPU. Not looking for anything crazy as I pretty much only play Skyrim SE. My current GPU is an EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti. I'm running a few visual/texture overhauls (Noble Skyrim, SFO, ELFX, Vivid Weathers, WICO, Realistic Water Two etc) with most settings on high except for godrays and shadow quality. which are set to medium. Antialiasing is set to TAA. In heavily textured areas like the forests outside of Falkreath I get about 34-38 FPS. In most other places I pull anywhere from 40-50 FPS, and that's with some "utility" mods to help out (Grass FPS Booster, SSE Fixes, etc).

Ideally I would like to have a solid 60 FPS with at least the same settings+mods, if not higher. There are a handful in the sub $200 range that would be an upgrade but I would like some help deciding on what would work better for me, or suggestions for something else in the same price range. PCIE powered is preferred as I need to check if I have a spare spot on my PSU.

So far I'm looking at a Zotac GeForce GTX1650 OC and a GIGABYTE GeForce 1050 Ti as well as other cards in the 1650/1050 Ti category. I've been out of the loop of the PC building world for awhile and am not sure which would be better between the two card series. I'm playing at 1680x1050 at 60hz.

So, what would you guys suggest? The rest of my PC stats are i7 4790, ASUS Z97 Pro, 32GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750w Power supply.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Edited by smb13