Battlefront III was 99% complete

brokenergy

This feels me with a rage I didn't know I could feel towards Lucas Arts. I've played a lot of Star Wars games, and after the Clone Wars game that came bundled with Tetris Worlds on the Xbox 360, I didn't think i could ever be let down more than I was by that game. Thank you for proving me wrong Lucas Arts.

I still wish that they have allowed for another new Jedi Acadamy game. Or create a game with Sith protaganist that is not the Force Unleashed, or even Kotor 3. I just don't understand why they wouldn't allow it, even after all the money being raked in.

I know, this is massively disappointing. They seemingly deliberately took their chance to at least remake some of their losses and threw it out a metaphorical window. The idiots who made that call are the reason the company is failing... What kind of exec literally takes a virtually finished game and scraps it without even a digital release? EA probably would have PAID them just to put it on Origin, as fast as people are running away from that, lol.

Well it isn't the first game to get that far into development only to be canceled. SOE's "The Agency" after nearly 9 years of development and untold millions into the project and the game going into a beta stage where bug fixes and balance changes remained it was terminated and all fund and team members to remain with the company were transfered to Planetside 2 and Everquest 3.

Well Disney are in charge now so lets see if that changes anything, they've already said LucasArts will be concentrating on casual games while third parties will be doing the proper games.