Modded Item Base IDs

kellerz715

So, this may have already been asked and replied to but I'm having trouble finding an answer. In Oblivion I use a fair amount of mods. A majority add new weapons or armor etc. I want to use the console to spawn some of those items but have no idea how to find the base id or any form of id in general and google has proven useless. If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

If you're going to add modded item via console command, the id would be:

xxyyyyyy
xx: order of load list(00 for Oblivion.esm, FF for in-game generated)
yyyyyy: base ID (you can find with Construction Set)

i.e. If a mod A adds an item B and A is 4th in the mod list, in-game ID of B will be 03xxxxxx.

Edited by LFact

Also worth mentioning:

When you look at a mod's plugin/masterfile in the CS, in the list of items (of whatever type) you'll see first the so-called EditorID, i.e. a human-readable identifier, also used in scripts' sourcecodes. Right next to it is, usually shrank down to a small line, the column you want to expand and read, where the hexadecimal FormID is shown. Expansion goes just like in all other Windows apps where tables with columns are shown, click and drag the border right of the title of the column you want to expand.

And yes, like the others already told, the first 2 digits of the hexadecimal number shown are the "plugin index" (load order) of the currently active plugin. While in the CS it will be counted from all the plugins and masterfiles loaded when checked in "Data Files...", not from your actual load order. So the first 2 digits of the FormID in the CS are of no use to you when in the game. Only the last 6 digits are right.

Figuring out the plugin index for a specific plugin inside your load order can also be a little difficult. In general you should be able to calculate it from their position inside you load order with the above given hints, but as this is only counting the actual "active" plugins and masterfiles, it can become a little confusing, especially when using Wrye Bash and the bashed patch with only virtually active or so-called merged plugins. For these cases the plugin index can also easily just be read up in Wrye Bash as well. Other load order managers also have one such column, but in some it's decimal and you'll need it in hexadecimal still.

Obtaining the plugin index is really no rocket science though. It just has a couple stumbling stones one needs to keep in mind.