new guns and ammo

makarov

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In stead of all these modern weapons added because people think they were cool in movies or other games but have nothing to do with the Fallout universe, I'd like to see a lot of guns that actually fit the setting. This means any real life guns made up until the mid to late seventies, any retro sci-fi weapons you can think of as well as weapons made from scrap.

Here's my list:

Pistols and revolvers:

S&W mod. 39

Colt 1873 SAA Buntline Special Edition 12" barrel (as a unique gun)

S&W QSPR aka. tunnel revolver (another unique gun)

Type 67 internally silenced pistol (rare chinese equivalent to the 10mm silenced)

Type 64 (can be used to repair the Type 67 silenced)

Wildey 8" barrel .475 Wildey Magnum (probably pretty rare, but awesome nonetheless)

Gyrojet 13mm rocket pistol (largely useless as a weapon, but fun just to have it in there)

Rifles, assault rifles and carbines:

Johnson M1941 Semiautomatic rifle (probably rare)

M1 Garand

M1 Carbine

Type 63

M14

Stoner 63 (in assault rifle configurations)

TRW LMR (although it's not likely to be very common, it'll be much easier to maintain than most other rifles in the wasteland)

Submachineguns:

Type 79 SMG

American 180 short barreled version

Thompson (preferably the Model 1928 for wild gangster fun in Mr. Burke's clothes)

S&W M76 (I might be wrong but wasn't this the "Grease Gun" in Fallout 2)

Shotguns:

Ithaca Model 37 (possibly both "homeland security" and "stakeout" versions)

Mossberg 590

Sorry but the Jackhammer just wasn't patented till 1984 which seems too late for a Fallout real-life counterpart.

I'm actually not sure why only 50's 60's and 70's style real life weapons seem to be used in Fallout 1 and 3, since the bombs didn't fall till 2077.

I don't know... put in newer weapons if you feel like it, I just can't help but feel that it somehow grates against the overall feel of the game, probably the mix of the 50's style and 80's and 90's guns. I can't give you a good reason why the halted cultural development should also result in a halted military development when it comes to conventional firearms, it just doesn't feel right to me otherwise.

Machine guns:

Type 67 GPMG

Type 77 HMG

Browning M2 aka. Mah Deuce

Browning M1919

Browning M1918 aka. BAR

Stoner 63 (LMG configuration)

Lewis

Grenade and rocket launchers:

M79

M72 LAW

EDIT: Also, the Beowulf weapon system uses a speciallised .50 amunition with heavier bullets and a larger amount of propellant. It's designed to completely wreck engine blocks and destroy light fortifications like concrete walls and sandbags at relatively short distances. One of the only small-arms that could realistically tear limbs off of people, as pistols lack the power and most rifle ammunition will just leave holes.

GLOCKS somebody needs to add glocks now I mean they would be fairly easy to texture , and they come in almost every flavor imaginable ( even 10mm ) plus glocks are an extremely reliable my dad and i go to shooting ranges alot and we haveprobable fired over 10,000 rounds out of his glock 20 (10mm model hehe ) we have never had a single missfire or anything

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arcsworldview...532526/sizes/o/

GLOCKS somebody needs to add glocks now I mean they would be fairly easy to texture , and they come in almost every flavor imaginable ( even 10mm ) plus glocks are an extremely reliable my dad and i go to shooting ranges alot and we haveprobable fired over 10,000 rounds out of his glock 10 (10mm model hehe ) we have never had a single missfire or anything

Yeah they're really reliable, but I prefer berettas... they're much nicer to hold.

two words

Mateba Autorevolver

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q150/tsleepingdragon/Mateba_Autorevolver-1.jpg

Sure... though I'd rather have more guns for the sake of variety than more guns for the sake of "MOAR POWER!".

Even though I promised myself I would stop shooting down requests as an early New Year's goal...

I have to agree with CFriis.

The following may sound very rude, I'm sorry if I offend you (I have offended many people this way before and for that I am truly sorry) but I simply can't not say it.

We already have dozens of requests for cliche magnum handguns that few people actually own or use in real life, and one that was already made and successfully implemented. And it's not that this is a bad request, you were just beaten to it.

I think we should start focusing our efforts more on lower-caliber weapons like autoloader handguns or something like a new shotgun or perhaps a carbine like the M1.

So sorry if I offended or discouraged you, but I just had to get that off my chest.

On the bright side this request is certainly do-able, the reload animation from the .44 would work, the model isn't too hard to make, a new ammo could work. Heck you could chamber it in .44 since I know a .44 version does exist in real life, that would save modders a bit of work too.

Archived