ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Create Outfit vith custom armor

Harlequin83

i'm trying (my 1st experience in mod creation and CK) to add an armor (non vanilla, from others 3 .ESP file) to my new created follower, but if i create an outfit or if add in inventory my char, in game is always naked but in CK preview is equiped with right item Q.Q how can i fix it?

Are you recreating the armor items in your follower mod?

Or did you make the armor mods parents of the follower mod?

If you intend to have the armor mods required for your follower and you didn't toggle the ESP/ESM switch on the armor mods and just tried to use an armor from one of the mods when it was loaded in the CK it may not work. See my signature for a link to a tutorial that will walk you thru setting up using a plugin as a parent for another plugin.

It may be easier tho to require your users to download the armor mods for the mesh & texture data while you make new armor & armor addon forms in your follower mod. This gets tricky tho if the mesh & textures are in a BSA file.

Either way it'll be best to get mod author permission before releasing.

You can't just duplicate the forms. You need to open a second CK with the armor mod active. Switch between the two and recreate the armor & armor addon forms. You also need to make sure that the meshes and textures are loose in your data directory rather than inside of the original mod's BSA file.

If you duplicate the form without making the original mod a parent then it won't be able to find the data appropriately. I tried that with a race once and I ended up with floating mouth & eyes, rather creepy.

You can't just duplicate the forms. You need to open a second CK with the armor mod active. Switch between the two and recreate the armor & armor addon forms. You also need to make sure that the meshes and textures are loose in your data directory rather than inside of the original mod's BSA file.

If you duplicate the form without making the original mod a parent then it won't be able to find the data appropriately. I tried that with a race once and I ended up with floating mouth & eyes, rather creepy.

Thaks a lot for help, i done it.:-) now i must only understand why i must restart skyrim to find my follower in initial position after my death ( and stop my follower to kill me if i hit his summon) :-\