Hearthfire-Can't move family

dant3s5

Do you run the game with any mods?

If yes; post your mod list, this helps rooting out conflicts.

Other things you could try:

• Verifying your game cache in steam have in some cases solved this issue.
  • Delete Hearthfires.bsm/.esm and re-install the DLC.
  • Nexus holds some unofficial patches that you could download and install: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25127

Known mods conflicting with Hearthfires

(w) Dovahkiin's Hideout - Breezehome CTD. Status: Not compatible with Hearthfire.

(w) Birds and Flocks - Invisible Windstad Manor in Hjaalmarch (Marthal). Update to: B&F Hearthfire Edition. Delete, and Un-subscribe from the old edition in your Data Files before subscribing to the new version.

(n) Skytest: Realistic Animals and Predators - Invisible Heljarchen Hall in The Pale and freeze-ups @ Windstead Manor. Update: To v1.27e Full Edition or just add ,1.27E ESP if you already have one of the 1.27a/b/c/d Fulls. Note: Freeze-ups may be due to conflict with other mods. Try placing Skytest near the bottom of your load order.

(n) Ultimate Followers Overhaul Breaks the dialog with the Stewards - Check this thread for a workaround. Update: (n) UFO Hearthfire Housecarl Fix. Description:

These scripts add the hearthfire housecarls into the UFO mod recruit/dismiss system. It should be noted that hearthfire housecarls all have their own unique recruit/dismissal dialogue lines and fixing it requires modification of the UFO\'s main .esp file and that requires permission. So this fix makes them speak the default housecarl recruit/dismissal lines. So far contacting fLokii, the UFO author has been unsuccessful.

(n) Skyrim School of Witchcraft and Wizardry CTD entering Breezehome Update to: Version 2.0.

(w) Real Wildlife Skyrim Invisible home Windstad Manor Status: Author now aware of the issue and will be making a new version. Note: If you uninstall this mod some of the animals may get stuck in their animations and you may also be unable to recover items from them. A clean install of Skyrim may be required to fix. See the Comments section of the mod for more info. Workaround. Temporarily disable mod until Windstad Manor is built.

(w) Grey Ledge Manor Causing CTD Update to: Grey Ledge Manor II

(w) Scenic Carriages CTD in Lakeview Manor area. Status: Arthmoor has provided a Hearthfire Fix for the Nexus Version. The mod can be downloaded with the Nexis Mod Manager, but the patch will have to be installed manually from the Downloads page (full update in the works). Note: The Scenic Carriages update doesn't require Hearthfire, just fixes the navmeshes so they won't conflict with it.

(w) Places: Oakwood Causes CTD when approaching or fast traveling to Lakeview Manor. Update to: Places: Oakwood Hearthfire Edition

(w) Places: Laintar Dale Update to: Places: Laintar Dale Hearthfire Edition

Note: The Nexus versions of the Places series are no longer supported.

(w) Open Cities Sykrim CTD Breezehome Status: Patched to v0.9.4 (now v0.9.5)

(w) More Dynamic Shadows with Lighting Fixed. Causes CTD upon entering Breezehome. Status: Author is aware of the issue. Update: Try the new Breezehome-Hearthfire CTD fix

(w) [ VoidCraft ] Breezehome Invasion. Status: Not compatible with Hearthfire.

(n) Rayya Redux - Hearthfire Housecarl Immediate CTD as game loads. Fix: Download the ApachiiSkyHair mod too.

(n) House Map Marker - Multi or (w) Plus Unable to convert Breezehome Alchemy area to Child's room. Fix: Update to latest version.

(w) Collector's Vault. CTD when entering Breezhome. Status: Not compatible with Hearthfire.

(w) Hjerim Improved. (n) Hjerim Improved. Secret Smithing room blocked by wall, plus another wall flickering. Fix:

Quote:

Enter the console and click on the wall in the wardrobe and use the displayed number for 'markfordelete xxxxxxxx', close the console, then save game and load this savegame again, the wall will be gone and your items still down there were you left them.

You may be able to do the same with the flickering wall.

(w) Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers. (Droppable version) Causes problems with NPCs and room additions in Proudspire home. See this thread for a solution.

(n) Castle Orlok CTD Upon entering Breezehome

Source

Edited by Mekii

• 1 year later...

Okay I was using the Marriage to have to and to hold mod which from what I've been reading isn't compatible with skyrim. I uninstalled it and I still have the problem when I try to marry someone it won't let me pick lakeview it only gives me their house as an option. I don't think I have any conflicting mods any more.

I have the mods in this order

Dawnguard

Hearthfire

Unofficial skyrim patch

dragonborn

ap skyrim

better vampires

highrespack01

highrespack02

highrespack03

better females by bella

ask follower skills

fixed followers lite

castle volihar redux

dragon knowledge spell

tcg

• 1 year later...

I also cannot move my spouse into ANY Hearthfire-added home. I have completely built all three Hearthfire homes. I have no adopted children. I have married a spouse added by a Nexusmod -- Triss and Briana, whose name is Artemisia. She was originally "found" in Solitude in the Wmking Skeever, as is Triss. As far as I can figure out, there is nothing added to the game by these three characters, other than the characters themselves. We're married, the only options I have are her house (i.e., the Winking Skeever) or any of the original Skyrim homes. How can I get my spouse to move into Hjelmarch? AFTER we move there, then I was going to go get some adopted kids to join us. Please advise.