moonpath to elseweyr keeps crashing at main menu

travistiller

im not using any other mods, its the first mod ive downloaded, so im guessing i need some sort of patch for it to work or something but i dont know which one.

Moonpath is an excellent mod but caused random CTDs for me until I uninstalled it. If you get it working, I'd complete it then uninstall it to be safe.

Sorry I can not help further.

Have also heard of several with that problem with Moonpath,

dident see any patches of any cind on the mod site, just files for diffrent install if there was a problem related to that and dialoge files

try asking at the mod itself

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9782

Whats specs do your PC have?

its a heavy mod with 2K textures, your crashes could be of your PC not being able to handle it

Have you installed SKSE? It's needed for virtually all mods made/started before the Creation Kit was released, and a lot of them still use it. You should also verify your game cache on Steam, just in case. Edited by Cait833

well it isnt the pc, its pretty high end, but i think it was the skse so i downloaded that and tried to install it but it said i needed to ipdate to the newest skyrim so i downloaded the update and installed it and now my skyrim wont open at all, it just goes black screen if you click it.

Never experienced that before - did you install Moonpath and SKSE manually or with the mod manager (SKSE is half manual extraction into Skyrim's main folder, half mod manager for he scripts folder). I advise you to uninstall SKSE, verify your game cache with steam and then follow Gopher's youtube tutorial of how to install SKSE. Try starting the game again after that. If you have already done this then sorry, I can't help as I am not an experienced modder myself.

Yeah try after you uninstalled SKSE and Moonpath to

Verify integrity of game cache

1. Load Steam
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

rebot and install SKSE first, then Moonpath, rebot again

and we'll see how it works after that :thumbsup:

Edited by Shadiva