Dark souls 2 is announced and will be on PC.

hector530

considering i didnt like Dark Souls 1, if they follow the same path, i probably wont like Dark Souls 2 either. but it will most likely be a day one buy for me anyways (on Ps3).

id like to see them go back to the hub of Demons Souls. but since thats a Sony Trademark, they probably wont and will keep they bonfires of Dark Souls. on top of that being a theme of Dark Souls anyways. i was a fan of the shorter levels you could teleport to almost at any time vs the large interconnecting worlds you had to rewalk through every time you wanted to get somewhere....if they do this again, they need to make it more mobile. more fast travel.

well that took long but it seems the dark souls community is already super pissed foaling at the mouth mad at dark souls 2 all because in an interview a dark soul dev said a couple words, words that angers DS fans more then anything else in the world.

"“[Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable.” We sympathies if that sort of statement concerns you, but at the same time, we can surely agree that we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls.""

that is right he said "elder scrolls" and this sent the community in a blind rage or a weeping corner. if there's one game the DS community hates to its core its skyrim ever since IGN.com started the fanboy war (see winner: dark souls). with one side declaring war and the other side..... pretty much unaware they're hated.

but the rumors have already started i.e. DS2 is a skyrim clone, DS2 is the next dragon age 2, DS2 is casual, DS2 is gonna be an iSO game and so on. all because a dev said he would like to sell as much as skyrim and who the hell wouldn't?

next they also said

"[Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable,"
this has upset fans who say DS already had the best story and storytelling in video games and so on. me, im not surprised by this move. i always figured that DS is written the way it was because of lack of time and/or money to develop it further not because it was hiding some great mystery or secret . the game has some cool back story lore than it's very vague and pretty much all left to your interpretation of it.

so yeah i think people are overreacting, the only cause for concern is it lacks the same director from demon souls and dark souls.

i always figured that DS is written the way it was because of lack of time and/or money to develop it further not because it was hiding some great mystery or secret . the game has some cool back story lore than it's very vague and pretty much all left to your interpretation of it.

i thought the same thing. people always assume DkS (and DS) was written that way on purpose. but i feel like its just some good back story and thats it. there really is no cohesiveness to it all, its all fragmented and you are left to piece it together and make assumptions. the Elite Fanboiz out there think its all done on purpose and its a master piece. but i think it was from lack of time/money or creativity (though thats hard to imagine, since even the stuff they give you is pretty cool)

however its those same Fanboiz that really grind my gears. they seem to think Dark Souls poops gold. that its a perfect game in every way. and it bugs me lol. but i digress.

personally id like to see either the hub world brought back or a better way to fast travel. the thing that kept me going back to Demons Souls was i could get whatever equipment i wanted pretty fast, which was nice from a roleplay perspective. in Dark Souls, its extremely linear as to what you have to do. for example, i just started a new play through after not playing for a few months. i want to get the Man Serpent sword because i like it, but i have to play through at least 1/4th of the game (gotta ring the bells) before i can even grind for the weapon. in Demons Souls all id have to do is go to that world and beat it (or the levels before it depending on which level of the world the weapon was in) so in Dark Souls, you cant do that. and now that they patched the bottomless box glitch, its even worse. the other thing that was nice about Demons Souls, although unintended, was Duping. made making new toons much more painless. Dark Souls has this in the BB Glitch, but that was taken out. so now you HAVE to grind every time you make a new character just to get that character what you want it to have, whether its for PvP or purely fun PvE (which is what i do) and it makes the replay value for the game plummet (shown by the fact ive only beaten it like 4 times, as opposed to the 50 or 60 times ive beaten Demons Souls)

i could go on about all the things i dislike about Dark Souls, and ive already talked about a major one, despite this not being the intended topic of the thread, so ill leave that one opinion and keep the rest to myself for now :P

It's nice to hear there's a sequel, but I am worried about that Elder Scrolls comment.

Either way, at least Dark Souls and Demon's Souls already exist, so whatever happens with Dark Souls 2 we'll still have those.