New argonian overhaul

TheMalo

Hello, dear community,

as many of you know, argonians are not a big part of the races people like to play. The reasons are many and I don’t want to list them all, because of lack of time/ space. I am a big argonian fan and generally choose lizard like races in all games, so I was wondering if someone would be willing to create a mod which changes the look of the argonian race in Skyrim. Of course I would accept a new race too, as long as it looks similar to the argonians. There are some mods that give argonians a better form then Bethesda did, there is also a mod that gives them raptor feet (available here on Nexus), but they still don’t look good and I’m sure many others share my opinion. For this reason it would be cool if someone could make a mod that changes the look of the argonians and makes them look similar to the one in the picture I attached. Of course you can ignore the clothing, since there are more than enough clothing mods available for download. I know that it wouldn’t be lore friendly, but there are many mods that contain characters or weapons which have nothing to do with Skyrim oder TES. A picture which shows how i think they could look is saved as an attachment.

Thanks in advance.

The Argonians somewhat remind me of the SkaarJ both being of Reptilian Race. The Argonians are more Peaceful where as the SkaarJ are more Fierce..

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120915094223/unreal/en/images/3/38/U2_Skaarj.jpg

Realism dictates that Argonians don't need :

Breats/nipples (They just don't need it, no breatfeeding at a young age defeats it's purpuse)

Belly buttons (Reptalian creatures or birds don't have them because they didn't have unbilical cords)

But it's your request thread, so I'll just leave them here as suggestions and see if you like them or not.

Cheers ! :biggrin:

Hi, just pointing out:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16976

Personally I think this is better than the raptor feet.

Raptor feet is a bit weird in my opinion.

How could you put on pants when you've got claws like that?

Anyhow, author of that mod did great work on making the feet and all boots.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27676

This is something you might want to start checking.

At least it adds some proper tail armors! :biggrin:

I've never played argonian myself. I think it's a cool race, but there's just something which makes me not want to use it.

Maybe I could start as argonian on my next playthrough :biggrin:

But to be honest, I really enjoy seeing argonians around, and I'd love to see some more.

Same for khajiits.

There's just too few of those around :biggrin:

Breats/nipples (They just don't need it, no breatfeeding at a young age defeats it's purpuse)

Belly buttons (Reptalian creatures or birds don't have them because they didn't have unbilical cords)

But it's your request thread, so I'll just leave them here as suggestions and see if you like them or not.

The entire game has nothing to do with realism. So why a mod should be? Its simply a game and after some mods with pistols....well why not a nice new argonian race? =)

Some snakes and fish give birth to live young just like mammals. Reptile and bird embryos in the egg are attached to the yolk sack by an umbilical cord so I see no reason why argonians can't have navels.

Need graphic proof? Click here to see a newborn phython wrapped in its umbilical cord.

As for breasts...its not inconceiveable that reptiles could develope breast feeding...after all mammals did evolve from reptiles so they did do it at least once. So...yeah I'd say its possible for reptiles to evolve the ability to breast feed their young.

Malo I like the idea...I'd like to see a mod that make the argonians a little cuter. I like cute...cute is good in my opinion and I'd probably play as an argonian if this gets made.

Edited by Jennifur68

Some snakes and fish give birth to live young just like mammals. Reptile and bird embryos in the egg are attached to the yolk sack by an umbilical cord so I see no reason why argonians can't have navels.

Need graphic proof? Click here to see a newborn phython wrapped in its umbilical cord.

As for breasts...its not inconceiveable that reptiles could develope breast feeding...after all mammals did evolve from reptiles so they did do it at least once. So...yeah I'd say its possible for reptiles to evolve the ability to breast feed their young.

Malo I like the idea...I'd like to see a mod that make the argonians a little cuter. I like cute...cute is good in my opinion and I'd probably play as an argonian if this gets made.

Well i fear no one will do that. If i had the ablilitys and knowledge to create this i would do that by myself...

I'd do it for you if I had the knowledge and ability but so far I've only created three weapons packs...weapons are pretty easy. I did look at the mesh files for the bodies and it looks like theres only one female body with interchangeable, heads, feet, hands and add-on tails so there doesn't appear to be a separate argonian body in the meshes. You never know, maybe someone will come along who likes the idea and has the ability to do it so don't give up yet. I'd think the biggest problem would be making the morphs for the facial expressions and speach.

I'd do it for you if I had the knowledge and ability but so far I've only created three weapons packs...weapons are pretty easy. I did look at the mesh files for the bodies and it looks like theres only one female body with interchangeable, heads, feet, hands and add-on tails so there doesn't appear to be a separate argonian body in the meshes. You never know, maybe someone will come along who likes the idea and has the ability to do it so don't give up yet. I'd think the biggest problem would be making the morphs for the facial expressions and speach.

I know not much about modding and i can understand thats a bunch of work who need maybe months or even more but hey....no one said just one person should do that. The facial expression isnt that important i think. But the womans look rly the same like the males and normaly only the males are the big warriors. The females are more.....woman like. The raptor feet mod is good and i think its the first step.

• 2 weeks later...