[REQ].223 Pistol

bonghead1918

great pics man. originally, the idea was to use actual .223 rem with the pistol, sans realisim its a game with a fictional revovler, but inorder to do that is obvious id have to change the length of the cylinder and remake the gun a bit. i think what im gonna do is make my own mythical ".223 Deckard" or a smaller sized casing necked down to .223 and call it a PDW round (hey, everyone else is doing it).

and quite honestly:

Samson/IMI .308 Winchester 150gr SP Match

Czech Milspec 7.62x51 NATO 165gr FMJ

you are my hero. just wanted you to know :happy:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vash try wikipedia or if youre able to understand basic german waffenhq.de...

If there is any need for precise german to english translations, I'd be happy to help.

i was kinda scared till i read the two on the right were dummies :D

crazy americans lol...

is the m61 vulcan that gun in the a10 warthog?

No, actually that's the 20mm cartridge fired by the 20mm M61 Vulcans found in the F14, F15, etc.

I have a casing from the 30mm GAU-8 Avenger mounted in the A10... and its MUCH larger than than the 20x102.

http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/1979/20-30mm.jpg

The purple casing on the left is the 30mm (mine is green.. I want a purple one now that I found this picture! LOL), the round on right is the same 20x102 that I've got as a dummy round. Yes, they are that #*&$#ing huge! Think about how the GAU-8 Fires close to 60 of those rounds every *SECOND* at full tilt... no wonder the aircraft slows down!

Yes, it was mostly developed with a DU round but there are now more typical AP rounds being deployed too.

"Crazy Americans" LOL You haven't seen me crazy til you see me witness someone mishandling a firearm on a shooting range! I have *ZERO* tolerance for what most people would consider asinine safety infractions! Yes, I truly and immensely enjoy shooting as a hobby and sport - but unsafe handling is stupidly dangerous and only serves to make all gun owners look bad.

I'd rather be the turkey that yells at people about safety than the witness of someone hurting themselves, guaranteed.

Now, even though I live in a huge empty desert, I can't think if any reason why the hell I'd need a 20mm ANYTHING. It *would* be fun to shoot, don't get me wrong, but trying to find ammo would be impossible. Each original 20x110 round (note, different than the 20x102 vulcan round) brings $40-60 USD each to collectors, depending on the round itself. Nevermind trying to find a safe big enough to store the thing! LOL. I've read that one can turn down the drive bands of the 20x102 Vulcan projectile on a lathe and seat them into 20x110 casings, but that's a heck of a lot of work for each shot.

Though I really admire the amazing workmanship found in the various Steyr-Solothurn 20mm 'Anti-Tank' rifles. The whole thing, like every other Steyr-Solothurn firearm from that era such as MP34 SMG, is built like a fine swiss watch. You just don't see machine work like that in ANYTHING these days unless it came out of a $250,000 CNC machine, yet they were all made by hand by truly expert craftsman.

Someday I would love to fire a Solothurn, I've had the pleasure of examining one up-close and I must say that anyone with even the slightest appreciation for fine machine work and overall craftsmanship would be left in awe.

Yet for all the excellent design work, excellent quality, a superb swiss optic built into the right side of the weapon (left-eyed shooters like me need not apply LOL) and the mechanical perfection of its takedown method that allowed it to be broken down into three pieces for easy transport (unlike a Lahti - which was a huge ass gun no matter what), it just wasn't effective as an anti-tank rifle.

That 20x110 round might have been the coup de gras to many allied pilots when fired from the Hispano-Suiza's mounted in various German aircraft and AA mounts, but as an anti-tank round it was horribly ineffective. Armor developments right before the beginning of the war with the Russians pretty much made it obsolete as soon as it was deployed, and quickly its mechanical perfection as well as its weight and size became huge hindrances on the battlefield, and the entire system was abandoned for much simpler and more effective shaped charge systems like the Panzerfaust.

But I know that 20x110 would be pure poision to Super Muties & Behemoths! :woot: lol.

great pics man. originally, the idea was to use actual .223 rem with the pistol, sans realisim its a game with a fictional revovler, but inorder to do that is obvious id have to change the length of the cylinder and remake the gun a bit. i think what im gonna do is make my own mythical ".223 Deckard" or a smaller sized casing necked down to .223 and call it a PDW round (hey, everyone else is doing it).

and quite honestly:

Samson/IMI .308 Winchester 150gr SP Match

Czech Milspec 7.62x51 NATO 165gr FMJ

you are my hero. just wanted you to know :happy:

LOL I intentionally included those just for you! - they are truly dimensionally identical and 100% interchangeable.

I have to confess that I taught myself how to deal with FOMM just to edit the .esp for your excellent FAL mod just to ditch the difference since it was driving me insane. I'd be happy to provide more precise pics if you like ;)

To be honest, there's a much larger specification difference between 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem than there is between 7.62 NATO and .308 Winchester - truly, it is an unnecessary distinction for general purposes especially in a 'make due' world like FO3. I could set them side by side and give you any measuring equipment you could care to have and the only way you'd be able to tell the difference is by looking at the headstamp!

As for the caliber of deckard's gun, I'd say keep it the 5.56/.223 we all know and love from FO1 and FO2 and just make the cylinder of the weapon that much longer if you truly wish to give realism that sort of a nod - I totally understand giving creative license a little leeway when modeling a Hollywood weapon! Adding a new caliber would be kind of a partykiller.

Besides, This is the awesomeness that is the .223 pistol we're talking about! Half the fun was that when you found it you had a boatload of .223 ammo so you could happily keep it fed and proceed to pound muties in the eyes with it!

...But I know that 20x110 would be pure poision to Super Muties & Behemoths! :woot: lol

(By the looks of it, a 20x110 bullet such as seen in the picture would be poison to goddamn almost everything) :D

I dont mean to criticize your work or something.

As far as i remember PDW (Personal Defense Weapons) stands for small caliber arms which are built to be compact with the purpose of delivering fast rounds of whoop-ass in close battle, right? The image I have of the 223. pistol was a slow single shot pistol with a 5 round clip - With enough stopping power to bury a supermutant with 1 or 2 well aimed shots.

Making a seperate PDW ammunition for the gun would be realistic (And the only true solution for perfectionism) but it will also mean more work for you and would kill the brand of the ".223 pistol". However, if you can skip on possible copyright issues by extending the barrel it would be good as well.

If it's about calibers, black isle already did it the wrong way from the start: For some unexplainable reasons the .223 pistol in Fallout 1& Fallout 2, did way more damage than a hunting rifle or an assault rifle which used the same ammunition. So don't trouble yourself too much about small details. ;)

its just everyone saying that there is no difference between the 2 and therefor there is no such thing as 7.62 nato was getting to me.

i do believe you would find an abundance of the stuff out in the wasteland. military depots and stockpiles getting scavenged, id imagine they would bring back truck fulls of the stuff

its just everyone saying that there is no difference between the 2 and therefor there is no such thing as 7.62 nato was getting to me.

i do believe you would find an abundance of the stuff out in the wasteland. military depots and stockpiles getting scavenged, id imagine they would bring back truck fulls of the stuff

I hope that I've been clear in implying that there are indeed two different specifications, but merely that they are so close as to be 100% interchangeable in virtually all cases and instances. :)

The only truly different spec 7.62x51 I'm aware of was the reduced-power 7.62x51 loaded and used by the Japanese Self-Defense Forces in their older Type 64 rifles. It was very similar in power to 7.62x39 but was externally otherwise identical to 7.62x51/.308win. The Type 64 rifle was equipped with an adjustable gas regulator that would allow it to fire full-house 7.62 NATO in a pinch - naturally, using the Japanese-spec low-power 7.62x51 in a full house 7.62 weapon like a G3 or M-14 would work but it likely wouldn't have enough power to cycle the weapon.

I've read somewhere that the FN-FAL's adjustable gas regulator would allow it to function with the Japanese low-power 7.62x51 when turned to full open, but since I've never seen Japanese 7.62x51 on the market, nor have I found precise load data to handload it myself and find out, I haven't been able to confirm that.

But yeah.. .223 pistol - keep it regular .223 and if you really want to address the realism aspect just make the revolver's cylinder that much longer :)

Truly, I admire your work Vash - you and your team are amazing.

I found a 223 Kel Tech pistol, but it looks nothing like the ones from the previous games. It would be nice to have a Taurus Judge (.45LC and .410 Shotgun shell), yep its a 5 shot revolver and it kicks a little, but less than you would think.

I think as far as the ammo for the .223 pistol make the PDW bullet and use it in any other PDW weapon you make later on, like if you make an MP7 make it fire the same thing.

Forget .223 Pistol I want this its so fallout.

http://airbornecombatengineer.typepad.com/...hunder_50_.html

and yes you can fire it comfotably due to the extreme muzzle brake, its just loud as hell and you wouldn't want to standing next to the shooter.

Heres the junk version.

http://airbornecombatengineer.typepad.com/...aadi_griff.html

Yes these are real.

Edit: Heres a 7.62 x 39mm 5 shot revolver. The russians also made one back in the 60s but I can't find the link anymore.

Archived