Mod Question

I tried an experiment like this a few days ago. Except that mine was with an NPC. Cait to be specific. I wanted to see if I could come up with a way to alter the weapon the game gives them, without interfering with the face/body information.

So I had my character preset already made, and active in my LO.

Then I made another override of her, with most of her information deleted out. As much of it as Xedit would allow me to remove. Or that I could take out without affecting her functions.

Save it, loaded it into my LO after my preset mod.

Didn't work the way I expected. Vanilla face, vanilla weapon. Even tho I had a mod that changed her face. And my new mod, did not have any face or body info for her in it.

So I went back and made another one. This time, the override was from my mod, not the vanilla. Set my mod as a master/required file. Still ended up with the vanilla face, but the new weapon. So, that kinda worked.

Still not ideal tho, because obviously, it wouldn't be plug and play with any mod, just with mine.

So my point is.....

I'm pretty sure that it can be done. I'm hopeful that it can be done. But it's not as simple as just making another override with less information in it.

load order

mod 1 first mod 2 last

mod 2 shoud win

mod 2 first mod 1 last

mod 1 shoud win

a simple fix load the 1 with key word first in load order

use xedit to add the key word to the mod without(don't copy from 1 th, manual add if posible)

all done