Who here actually still plays EVE?

AReaver

It's all about positioning yourself somewhere that excites you... and in Eve there's plenty of scope for that. The game has the depth of no other game but at the same time falters on single player depth ie content. It's very much a group game or multi account game.

Personally I love it but, like with sooo many other games, it has its faults. And yeah, the devs are notorious for over-promising but I live in hope that one day they will make a break-through and deliver. It'll probably require a rewrite at the core level but meh, that's their issue to resolve :) One thing I will say is it's incredibly stable.

Eve also is very different to other mmos. Scamming, ganking, piracy etc is very much encouraged to give a feeling of reality... and it works... annoying as hell sometimes but with a brain you can avoid almost all forms of it (unless in null, low or whspace).

Like Sam says, try the 21 day trial to get a feel for it... but be forewarned... Eve is not a game where you end up with uber loot in 5 days... it's a long term alternate reality that requires nurturing and steady progression, which is actually why I love it. Mind you, if you're used to space games, then this philosophy should not be new to you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would personally love this game to be a single-player experience, there's so much to do and see that it would probably rival the elderscrolls series in that regard.

I would personally love this game to be a single-player experience, there's so much to do and see that it would probably rival the elderscrolls series in that regard.

Why don't you play it like a single player game? Just don't look at (minimize) the chat channels- and it plays like a single player experience. I've done that many times for months at a time.

• 3 weeks later...
it would be a great single player game, but it would feel to empty without chatting with other players and your corpies.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Reaver! Good to see you.

My account has been inactive ever since Skyrim & D3 came out. Then there was Minecraft, now Path of Exile, lol BUT when I played-

Name: Ashkylon LeShay

Alt: Lena Diamondex

Corp: USED to be En Garde. I think I got booted for inactivity

Sp: was around 5 mil when I left, not much

Inactive- but being tempted by my buddies who are making net 2-4 bill a week with manufacturing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Toon: Isus Jarode

Corp: Sons of Ivaldi

I haven't been very active due to job searching, moving, playing Skyrim, etc. But I still log in each couple of days to refresh the skill queue and check up on the corp mates. Love the game, just don't have the time to devote towards it right now.

• 8 months later...