Merging harvest flora [shivering isles]with vanilla .esp

Dario1980

Would it be safe to copy the Shivering isles .esp by clicking

Right click "harvest flora shivering isles.esp"
Deep copy as override
into Harvest [flora] main .esp

?

I think so, but I would like the opinion of someone more knowledgeable about tesedit.

Edited by Dario1980

- Edit - Didn't quite grasp the original question.

That said what is your motivation for doing this? Are you at (or almost at) the 255 plugin limit and trying to save ESP space? If that's not the case are you trying to resolve conflicts?

Edited by Striker879

I'm planning to use Tes4edit to merge "Harvest flora" main plugin and "Harvest flora Shivering isles".

This is the procedure I will be using:

Click tes4edit
Load harvest flora [shivering isles].esp
The master Harvest [flora] will be loaded too
Right click on Harvest flora [shivering isles].esp
Deep copy as override
into Harvest flora

I don't have CSE.

@Striker879: I noticed that more esps= slower oblivion. So I would like to merge the simple stuff.

Edited by Dario1980

I don't necessarily agree that more ESPs = slower Oblivion, at least not in all cases.

For example if you had a mod that quadrupled the number of plants in a majority of cells then yes you will probably find that it would create more lag time when one of those cells is the next cell to be loaded. Also if you have a mod that quadruples the resolution of the majority of the plants in the game you could notice an increase in load times when a cell with a lot of those high resolution plants in it needs to be loaded (perhaps to a lesser extent than the first example if you have sufficient graphics power available).

If you run both of those mods in your load order you will add more load to your system. If you instead merge those two mods you will not change a thing for yourself while playing the game ... transition into a cell with lots of plants from mod A and plenty of those plants are high rez from mod B and the game will still need to render lots of plants and they will be high rez.

The only thing you may save yourself a second or two is in the time it takes to start the game (i.e. from clicking your game shortcut until main menu) ... one fewer ESPs to parse but the number of records registered with the game will remain exactly the same.

I'd spend the time getting one more sip of coffee into me before grabbing the mouse and having at it ... but that's just me being me.