uninstall vortex.exe not found

Mordananexus

Hi,

After opening vortex after several months, it wanted to update. So i clicked ok because why not? It removed 'vortex exe' AND 'uninstall vortex.exe' and then stopped doing anything further.

Now - days later, after copying the rest of the vortex folders to an external drive (air gapping them) and removing every single trace of vortex I can find in the system, it still won't let me reinstall vortex because it can't find uninstall vortex.exe every time i try to install.

I've downloaded programs to find every trace of vortex and remove it. I was on the brink of factory resetting my computer. Can't you just post a copy of uninstall vortex.exe on the forum?!

Before you ask - nothing has changed in windows defender. I've checked and 'controlled folder access' in windows defender was always (and is still) turned off. Really don't want to have to download Mod Organizer and rebalance 250 mods for skyrim. :-(

Try manually downloading and installing the latest version of Vortex to restore the missing files.

It's likely one of two things happened:

1) Some kind of security software on your PC screwed up the install (most likely, as it's only the EXEs that were removed)

2) The update was a bad download, which reinstalling will fix.

Thanks but re-read my post. The entire core problem I have here is that the installers won't LET me re-install it. Each time it just says it can't find the damn uninstall vortex.exe file. I literally cannot reinstall it. Even after sanitizing my computer of everything vortex related.