Character - walking animation doesn't work properly

Valkhir725

I found the solution to this problem. First (and this may not be necessary but it was the first thing I did) Uninstall all of your mods from the mod manager. If you have the most current version you can do this with one button under the tools tab up top. Second go into your Skyrim data folder and delete your meshes folder. Last step run the game without any mods active and if it boots fine your good to go and to re-install all of your mods. Just to make sure that it's not one of your mods run the game before deleting your meshes folder though to make double sure (If it starts like normal and you can look around the cart like normal it's one of your mods. You'll know if it isn't because you won't load in you cell properly) If the problem is one of your mods you'll have to go through the pain staking process of re-installing each one, one by one, until you find the one that causes the problem. Hope this helps everyone!!!

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of questions:

On a vanilla install of Skyrim does it do this (have this problem)?

If not, what mods did you download recently (they don't have to be active, especially if any modified the skeleton.hkx or other files)

Try downloading and install FNIS for Users, and run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe, and see if that doesn't fix it.

If not, delete it, reinstall fresh, and start over, or try Verifying Game Cache just in case your Skyrim has lost something somewhere.

I have the same problem, I had downloaded sexlab, but then uninstalled it through nexus mod manager. I can run and walk, but whenever I take out a weapon or go into fighting stance, my character slides.

A couple of questions:

If not, what mods did you download recently (they don't have to be active, especially if any modified the skeleton.hkx or other files)

Try downloading and install FNIS for Users, and run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe, and see if that doesn't fix it.

If not, delete it, reinstall fresh, and start over, or try Verifying Game Cache just in case your Skyrim has lost something somewhere.

I have the same problem, I had downloaded sexlab, but then uninstalled it through nexus mod manager. I can run and walk, but whenever I take out a weapon or go into fighting stance, my character slides.

A couple of questions:

So did you try the fix mentioned and are still having the problem? Did you run the 'GenerateforFNIS.exe" again? You need to run it anytime something is installed or uninstalled. If you did, are you using any other animation mods of any kind? Something that would change your fighting animations? Try to re-install those, then run the FNIS again.

So did you try the fix mentioned and are still having the problem? Did you run the 'GenerateforFNIS.exe" again? You need to run it anytime something is installed or uninstalled. If you did, are you using any other animation mods of any kind? Something that would change your fighting animations? Try to re-install those, then run the FNIS again.

Guess what...I FINALLY GOT IT FIXED!!!! :laugh:

I had uninstalled immersive animations, then installed them back; went to generate for users, and it turned out that I had boxes checked that didn't needed to be checked. I unchecked the boxes that had mods that I didn't download, and clicked update, and now it works perfectly fine now! Thanks for your help, I hope anybody having this problem reads this message, also know that re-installing Skyrim is something I definitely don't recommend, thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

@all

This issue is related to animation. When I encountered this problem I just uninstall the most recent mod that I've installed like Samurai Kill moves, My Witcher Animation etc. and run the Generate FNIS for Users before starting the game.. That's how I fixed the issue.

I hope it help you guys...

@all

This issue is related to animation. When I encountered this problem I just uninstall the most recent mod that I've installed like Samurai Kill moves, My Witcher Animation etc. and run the Generate FNIS for Users before starting the game.. That's how I fixed the issue.

I hope it help you guys...