SSD Installed Now Skyrim is all BLACK

Darviela

So I recently got an amazing SSD and cloned my old drive onto it with no problems. All my other games play fine.

When I load any of my saves in skyrim they either crash or everything is painted black except for a few items.

How do I fix this?

I got some kind of DXassembler error and then another error after that, I am really hoping I don't have to reinstall skyrim because that would be a deal breaker for me.

Notes:

Using latest version of Skyrim

Tried with ENB installed and without ENB installed

Windows 7 Ultimate

Nvidia 560Ti

Edited by Darviela

Yoo!

Thats a very nasty problem you have there, you wrothe any of the old saves dont work, how about a new game, does that work at al?

After a few moments of a new game, which everything appears to be loaded fine (no black paint) it crashed straight to desktop.

Could be something with your skyrim then, rather then your saves,

have you checked the validation of your steam cache files?

Verify integrity of game cache

1. Load Steam
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?p_faqid=231

you must have check this 1st, steam doesn't move so easily.

shadiva is right, but it looks like you are ready for a fresh install

@@

Darnnit! There has to be some way to fix this. Without reinstalling.

If I do reinstall, How do I back up all my mods and such?

Edited by Darviela

I am pretty confident this is a shader issue.

The error messages I got and the fact that everything else works perfectly fine indicates to me that everything being black is a shader issue. If I can get the error message to reoccur I will jot it down.

Ok, I am even more sure now. I turned off shadows on trees and now trees render and look just fine. It no longer crashes to desktop when I load my latest save but it's still black.

Edited by Darviela