A Survey About Pokemon...

Jueg

13 members have voted

1. 1. What are your opinions regarding Pokemon?

• It's nice but I'm sick of seeing Ash!
    • The show would be a lot better if it were not for kids, but for adults.
    • I want to see the anime of the game's storyline.
    • I disagree with the statements made above. Because...

Hello, everyone.

I have been thinking about Pokemon, recently. In various sites, I have been hearing that Pokemon is not as great as it used to be and that it needs to change. So I decided to get what members pf this forum thougt about it. I listed a few statements above to your opinion. I will explain for people who did not understand.

''It's nice but I'm sick of seeing Ash!'' Choose this if you want to another protagonist who is not Ash.

''The show would be better if it were not for kids, but for adults,'' This one is self-explanatory.

''I want to see the anime of the game's storyline,'' If you are familiar with Pokemon franchise, you would know that anime came out after Pokemon games, namely Pokemon Red/Blue/Green. If you think the anime would be improved if it featured the full-story of its games, choose this option.

''I disagree with the statements made above. Because...'' If you think Pokemon anime doesn't need any improvement or if you think none of these ideas are good and that you have an opinion of your own, then I am all too happy to hear it.

If I find what I am looking for, I appeal to the Pokemon Company to have a new series released.

NOTE: This is a discussion topic about how Pokemon animes can be improved. I don't want any trolls here saying that anims sucked or that these statements suck. If you truly believe that, try expressing your concerns as though you are in a civilized adult conversation, not trolling or flaming with witty one liners.

And I am not related to Nintendo by any definition of the term.

Edited by Jueg

i Dislike it, should of been cancelled back when i was in High school, and I'm 30 years of age.

Stop expanding it.

Edited by Thor.

It wouldn't stop, Nintendo makes too much money from the franchise.

Expanding it further, in my opinion, might actually be asking too much of character designers at this point. I recently spent time with one of my nephews who happens to have one of the more recent DS games, and most of the pokemon were virtually unrecognizable. I'm frankly surprised that they've managed to get the 700 something without many repeats or without having to borrow too heavily from other sources.

What I think would probably work the best for the franchise would be to take things several steps backwards, before Gyms, and all that infrastructure, to a point in time where humans just started being trainers... Or doing things somewhere between that original point and the start of the first series as a way to breathe new life into older characters, or possibly explain how a world could revolve around the common practice of sending young children out into the wilderness being protected only by this creature that they only just became familiar with.

i Dislike it, should of been cancelled back when i was in High school, and I'm 30 years of age.

Stop expanding it.

I don't dislike Pokemon, but I agree with you, they need to quit. Sheesh, I remember collecting the cards, stickers, and other stuff back in the late 90s...oh god I feel old now :P

It was fine with the 150 original Pokemon, how many are they up to now? Like 400?

It'd be nice to see it based of the mangas as well if they do decide to keep on going with it.

• 2 months later...

My biggest problem with the pokemon cartoon series (Yes, i called a cartoon live with it) is that after Johto is when it all went wrong. In the final series of Johto and onwards they had changed the colours of the backrounds, characters etc, they are way too bright. Whereas before, the fact the backround was darker (atleast in my opinion) drew me into it i was hooked, the animation was better, the stories where better, some of their stories had a mysterious element, their was more rural and traditional japanese culture in the show (which as a westerner i greatly enjoyed) the voice actors where alot better, the characters and pokemon had personality, the fact there was only 150 to 250ish? pokemon (if you count Johto) made each and everyone of them individual, etc etc. But the most important thing, most of the pokemon had gravity and weight just like living things they wheren't weightlessly jumping around unrealistically, and all that flashy nonsense. I could go on about how great the old series was and how bad the new series is, but like other people have said Pokemon i belive has run it's course and should allow for it too die with some dignity intact.

I don't know if Pokemon should change to be great. I mean, I think the best Pokemon was the first one gen, which accompanied all my childhood, but of course, now I grew up and that's why Pokemon is really disgusting. The creatures are so different and strange.

It's the same thing with Dragon Ball, I hate the new versions and films, because I love and I will always love the first version of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z.