Can't enter shivering isles

Gandalf919

I recently had to reinstall Oblivion, now I can't enter Shivering Isles. The Niben Bay door quest never shows up, and when I try to initiate the quest in the console I get the message "se01door not acceptable quest parameter. I only have Oblivion main files Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, The Unofficial Oblivion patch and the Skill diary mod installed.

The door does *not* appear right away. You have to get on with your adventuring for a few days, and after that time it will appear, at random.

I have to ask this: how many other quests and/or events have you been 'initiating' with the console? It is pertinent, as this may be part of (if not *the*) problem.

From the UESP Wiki for the initial Shivering Isles quest A Door in Niben Bay:

Typically, 24 in-game hours (but ranging from three hours to three days) after the expansion is installed, you will be prompted with a new quest, and a message suggesting that you investigate rumors concerning an island that has suddenly and inexplicably appeared in Niben Bay. Follow the quest marker to a small island east of Bravil.

If you have not received that message within the time frame outlined you don't have SI installed (or installed correctly). What are the details around how you re-installed? Did you do a registry cleaning between installs, what version of the game are you using (e.g. GotY, Steam)?

Edited by Striker879

I have to ask this: how many other quests and/or events have you been 'initiating' with the console? It is pertinent, as this may be part of (if not *the*) problem.

None, and I also tried starting a new game and after a week I still don't get the message.

Ok, the requirements for the door to appear are thus:

1. The main quest tutorial must be marked as complete, ie. the journal entry to go to Weynon Priory must be present -- if you use an alternative start mod, this may be skipped!
  2. At least one complete day must pass since the completion of the tutorial -- see 1 above re. alternative start mods.
  3. The script then checks that SE01Door == 0, if so it moves it on to SE01Door == 10, and announces the door in your journal.