does this mod exist?

superlarrio

is there any mod yet that will make a corpse name stay the name of the victim and not change to ash/goo pile after i kill them with an energy weapon? i had to search every pile in paradise falls to find eulogy to get his suit, it would just be easier if it kept their names...

I seriously doubt a mod could fix that after-the-fact.

Sure it could. I've been through places I'd been withh a plasma rifle before looking for specific goo piles, too. The game remembers whose goo pile is who as long as it's there. It says goo pile when you move your reticule over it, but when you search it, it tells you who or what the goo pile was. ^.^ Just need to find a way to make the game reference that in world to possibly say "Goo pile of:"

Sure it could. I've been through places I'd been withh a plasma rifle before looking for specific goo piles, too. The game remembers whose goo pile is who as long as it's there. It says goo pile when you move your reticule over it, but when you search it, it tells you who or what the goo pile was. ^.^ Just need to find a way to make the game reference that in world to possibly say "Goo pile of:"

Ah, well in that case, it does seem very possible. The most efficient method would probably be an on-death script to fix the names as they are made or even prevent the generic naming if it can be found in a script. ;) That would handle the prevention of the re-naming but a separate script would need to be made for the after-the-fact scenario which probably won't be very efficient at all.

LHammonds

I guess waiting for the G.E.C.K would be the easiest way. If it's anything like the Oblivion Editor, nearly anyone will be able to make such changes.

As it is now, it would be one annoying trip to hell to find&change these values so it still works afterwards.

Possible, yes, but I doubt anybody will want to sit two hours ( or more ) on such a thing just for changing goo names :P

Geez! You turned them into goo! It's your fault! You could have just liberated them with a power fist, but no, you had to use the plasma rifle! Now take the consequences like a man! ;D

Archived