Hearthfire Childrens Bedroom Help

WormyWaffles

Im very frustrated with hearthfire right now. Im trying to buy the children's bedroom. When Jorleif asks me what I want to buy it says "Children's Bedroom ([...] gold). When I buy it noting appears in Hjerim (and all other houses). Im guessing it has to do with the [...] gold thing.

Any help?

PS I play on PC, so I can move around files, if necessary :)

I was just about to post the same problem when i saw your post :D

I have only tried Honeyside in Riften so far though.

I asked Constance to let me adopt a child first and when she said I needed a room, I bought the one in riften.The conversation topic to buy the room wont go away from Aurial's Dialogue options and, as far as i can see, hasn't appeared in Honeyside. Constance still won't let me adopt either

I assume it is a common problem because this is found on the uesp wiki:

You may not be able to adopt children after failing to have a room for them the first time.

Any workaround with console to advance quest, start scripts, change dialogue etc?

Edited by crackpotmark

I was just about to post the same problem when i saw your post :D

I have only tried Honeyside in Riften so far though.

I asked Constance to let me adopt a child first and when she said I needed a room, I bought the one in riften.The conversation topic to buy the room wont go away from Aurial's Dialogue options and, as far as i can see, hasn't appeared in Honeyside. Constance still won't let me adopt either

I assume it is a common problem because this is found on the uesp wiki:

You may not be able to adopt children after failing to have a room for them the first time.

Any workaround with console to advance quest, start scripts, change dialogue etc?

If I understand correctly, "failing for the first time" means you talked to her about it, correct? I haven't spoken to her on that file yet. Edit: Yea the dialogue option didn't go away for me either D:

Edited by WormyWaffles

• 2 weeks later...
I also suffer this issue I don't know if any of the childrens rooms work/appear. Not sure which mods could stop it as i don't use any mods that affect the houses I have one mod for breeze home but none for honey side. Edited by donsfan2k

Hearthfire seems to have issues for sure besides this I also had issues in Dawnstar with the HouseCarl not being able to leave the Jarl's hold and house items not showing up after I built them on the Bench hopefully they release a Patch with Dragonborn to fix some of these.

You would think given how long they make PC users wait to get these DLCs they would take sometime to fix issues I'm sure the Xbox players have brought to their attention. :wallbash: