ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

How to apply a spell on every actor the player hits in melee?

gulogulo

In the perks, you can add a spell to a combat hit. It's under the perk entry point -> "Apply Combat Hit Spell" or something. Next, all you have to do is make a magic effect, and set the perk to apply to the one you made.

Finally, all you have to do is make some way to give the player the magic effect. This can be either through a spell, or enchantment, or whatever.

I have noticed through my own modding of Vampire Lord that "Beast" races ",( werewolf. Vampirelord, Hagraven, Spriggan, etc ) have a completely DIFFERENT subset of melee attacks. They seem to use their own type rather then player unarmed attack types. It is something I have been struggling with with one of the mods I'm working on as well, so correct me if I am wrong. Otherwise, this may be your problem.

@Shaydow

I simply have followed the advice from heilghast:

"It would seem that perks like the Bullseye perk only apply the combat hit spell when the player has a weapon attached. However there is a way around it, which is a bit more longwinded.

I tried the following (using the nordrace), in the AttackData tab, i added the PerkBullseyeParalyze in the attack spell box to the following events (Hand toHand)

AttackStartH2HLeft

AttackStartH2HRight

AttackPowerStartForwardH2HLeftHand

AttackPowerStartForwardH2HRightHand

AttackPowerStartForwardH2HCombo

Once in game, i changed the race of my charcter to nord, everytime i did an unarmed attack, the paralyze spell was applied.

I wouldn't advise changing a race but rather create a race specifically for your werewolf, and add whatever spells you wanted to the unarmed events within the AttackData tab."

Its all well now :)