Game music

wasder

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everything original (not from disney) from kingdom hearts (best game ever)

Everything from FF VII (next best game ever) , especially those who fight and one winged angel and aeris' theme

Everything from Every Final fantasy 7 and down

Find your way from FF VIII

Everything from Ocarina

Everything from Every Castlevania game up to Symphony

Everything from every Metal Gear (and Metal gear: solid [3rd best game ever]) especially Tara's theme and Duel

:ninja:

• 4 weeks later...
My favorite will always be the creepy, dark and hellish Aubrey Hodges soundtrack for the Playstation version of Ultimate Doom. The track for Mt. Erebus with the moaning and the babies crying really made me feel like I was in Hell. I consider myself very fortunate to have found a complete WAD version of that soundtrack so I can still listen to it while I'm playing with GZDoom.

My favorite will always be the creepy, dark and hellish Aubrey Hodges soundtrack for the Playstation version of Ultimate Doom. The track for Mt. Erebus with the moaning and the babies crying really made me feel like I was in Hell. I consider myself very fortunate to have found a complete WAD version of that soundtrack so I can still listen to it while I'm playing with GZDoom.

It's funny you mention Aubrey Hodges, as he also composed the chilling soundtrack to Doom 64. I've always preferred his dark ambient compositions, and if anyone is interested, this site contains mp3s of most of the music featured in Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, and Doom 64. :D

Theres a lot of game music I have enjoyed. The music in Warcraft 3 is pretty good, same with Hellgate London.

Unreal Tournament had some sick tracks too.

One of my favorite tracks ever though is this one

HERE

Its the music in Spellforce 2 that plays when you first arrive in Dun Mora.

This song, with the levels environment, along with the lore surrounding Dun Mora and the struggle and punishment of the elves, I kid you not I almost started crying listening to this music it was so beautiful

Spellforce has always had fantastic soundtracks

• 1 month later...

Rune soundtrack, and Dark Cloud 1 soundtrack.

And this is what you could call a guilty pleasure, but I love the Runescape soundtrack.

I have always loved Valkyrie Profile soundtrack (especially Turn Over a New Leaf) and Lunar Silver Star Story Complete soundtracks (especially Wings).

Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale I and II, Vampire the Mascuerade: Redemption (dark age themes only), Heroes of Might and Magic II, III and V, Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (though more commonly encountered themes through the game are slightly annoying, but the village theme - for example in Stillwater - is one of my favourites), The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (a little, especially the "title" theme), a few of Lineage II and Rising Force online themes (unfortunately the games themselves start to bore a bit faster than usual), also Warcraft III: the Frosen Throne (the fourth Alliance theme is marvellous), King's Bounty (the new one), Etherlords.