What do you do when you're depressed

AReaver

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, this is where I go.....

where do you go?

I think he means "here". :)

You know, truly? I was thinking the same thing. Welcome to my nightmare.

Hmm, so are you telling us you come here when you're depressed and we're you're nightmare?? *gasps*

he said, 'Dude, this is where I go.....' and someone asked, 'where do you go?'

and someone else clarified: 'I think he means "here". :)'

and I said: You know, truly? I was thinking the same thing. Welcome to my nightmare.

and you said:

Hmm, so are you telling us you come here when you're depressed and we're you're nightmare?? *gasps*

Are you willfully misinterpreting my meaning, young man??

I'm telling you, it's sad I'm here so much, but I take comfort in the fact that I'm in good company.

Going to be boringly serious, for one of the few occasions in my life. As Mich... says, if its clinical depression you have, then it is way beyond listening to nice mood music. Hot baths, yes. No booze, as said, yes. Try to force yourself to have early nights. And get up early in the morning. Establish that as a routine. Try to force yourself to get a good lot of mindless physical exercise to get those whatsitnomes pumping. Lots of other good advice already covered here. Another thing you might want to consider is, getting another professional opinion about the meds you are on. Mine really messed me up, and it was only going cold turkey from them that made me realize just how much.

The main thing to know is, not to feel guilty about feeling the way you feel, nor to let others lay a guilt trip on you. Yours is a medical conditon, like , say, having a dicky heart. No one says to the guy with the bad heart 'Hey, just snap out of it!'. Nor should you, or anyone else say that to you!

Good luck , friend. You are far from being alone with this. One could say that anyone who DOESNT suffer clinical depression just aint paying attention!

remove the problem that causes the depression...

hang out with friends... <- best option imo if theyre good trusty buddies, and drinking a few beer in that setting is not bad imo either

forget drugs of any kind, they dont help just blur, weed might help finding a way as does ahayuasca but only if youre a shaman of some kind and know the signs... the usualy doc medics just screw your body and mind and are worse than what any pusherman has... their goal is too keep you depressed to consume more not to help you in most cases, and honestly what can a nerve drug do what you cant do yourself? just meditate and you get as high as Cheech and Chong for example...

do somin productive and feel happiness over your accomplishment <- also very good

the other tips were quite good too... the bathtub mainly... also useful if you feel a cold is comin... take a hot bath and sweat all the crap away... sauna is nice too but not avaible that regulary and i just get horny tho thats a bad thing to do in a sauna at 80°C... but then sex is prolly the best anti depressiva there is... just not at 80° lol

well have you heard:

A Bishop wants to go horse-riding and so goes to see his friend who sells horse, "You would like this one Bishop, it a special, Holy horse!" he said

"How?" the bishop replied

"just says bless you if you want to go faster and say amen if you want to stop."

So the bishop buys the holy horse and gets on it at home. He wondered how to start it and then remembered what the man said

"Bless You." The horse starts to move

"Bless you." The horse trots

"Bless you." The horse gallops

"Bless you" The horse travels ike a rocket. Suddenly the bishop see the cliffs of Dover and he is spedding right off the cliff. Thinking he is goiong to die he says a prayer, at the end he says "Amen!" the horse stops at the very edge of the cliff. The bishop is so releived and pats the horse, "Ah Bless you."!!!!!!!

well an advice from me:

if you are depressed pick up a piece of paper, then start scratching it, jumping on it, Taunting it and at last say:

okay...i Forgive you!

that's what I do.

IE

Archived