Lichdom

kromey

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys - there is a massive difference between "on hold" and "dead". The circumstances are out of kromey's control. I sent him a few modding questions about a week ago, he only got the chance to reply yesterday simply because he is so busy. As one of the alpha testers I believe I'm allowed to say that the mod has progressed very well, too far for it to be unceremoniously dropped. You guys need to learn a bit of patience, and stop being so over-dramatic. It won't get the mod done any faster, and it's not like kromey actually chooses to delay it.

Just a question if this mod does ........ die could the author or one of the alpha tester release the already made stuff? After the demise of True Lichdom we need to keep the completed stuff in circulation to be finished by future modders if worst comes to worst. I wish you success in this project and in all your future endeavors. Thanks.

One thing you could try is the need or power to feed on souls (without them going into a gem)

Reasons could be:

-Souls regenerate magicka, health and stamina

-They can be used for some attack

-Satisfy some need

-Increase some kind of level etc

Lore:

Maylen Varen used souls to hold his soul in the star of azura how it was put was he would feed on the souls to keep himself from fading away, maybe you could use souls to keep your soul inside your phylactory. It doesn't break your theme of lichs working for all classes and in future it could be some way of getting to the ancient lich.

One thing you could try is the need or power to feed on souls (without them going into a gem)

Reasons could be:

-Satisfy some need

Lore:

Maylen Varen used souls to hold his soul in the star of azura how it was put was he would feed on the souls to keep himself from fading away, maybe you could use souls to keep your soul inside your phylactory. It doesn't break your theme of lichs working for all classes and in future it could be some way of getting to the ancient lich.

wooow nice idea!!!!!!!!

Reasons could be:

-Satisfy some need

Lore:

Oh that's a cool idea!!

Unfortunately it's too late in the game to add that now, but that would be an awesome extra for Ancient Liches in the subsequent update!

No one needs to worry about this mod vanishing. As PieLighter has said, there's already too much there for me to drop it now. And I have planned from the very beginning to make this mod completely open source -- if for any reason I am ever forced to drop it completely, I can promise you that everything I've done up to that point will be released for someone else to pick it up and continue it. I'm not publishing my source just yet because, frankly, it's a fugly mess that's just too embarrassing to put out there just yet -- have to clean it up before I do that (and have to do that anyway if I have any hope of keeping it maintained!). :P