Real World Weapons Mod

RandomManA

I've been registered here for a while now, but I haven't posted anything because my computer can't even run Fallout 3. That'll all change soon, when my new one gets here. In the meanwhile, I'd like to introduce myself and talk about my plans for modding the game.

I enjoyed Fallout 3 on my PS3 until it died, but my biggest complaint about the game was the weapons. In that there weren't enough of them, for starters, and hardly any real world weapons were present. I literally switched between the Chinese Assault Rifle (why they couldn't call it an AK is beyond me), the Sniper Rifle, and the Scoped .44 Magnum, and didn't use anything else the entire game.

So, if I can manage it, I want to make a mod that incorporates as many real world guns into the game as possible.

Pistols - Beretta 92FS, Glock 18, Sig Sauer P220, SOCOM, USP, Desert Eagle.

SMG - Uzi, MP5, P90, Steyr TMP, Bizon, G36C.

Shotguns - Benelli M4 Super 90, Mossberg 500, USAS-12, Jackhammer Mk3A1.

Assault Rifles - G36K, M4, Steyr Aug, AK-47, FN2000.

Sniper Rifles - Dragunov SVD, M40A3, PSG-90, Barrett M107.

Grenade Launchers - M79, MGL-140, XM25.

Rocket Launchers - RPG-7, M72 LAW, M202A2, Mk.153 SMAW.

That's just fun waiting to happen. I don't know if I'll be able to manage, since I have no previous modding, coding, or modeling experience, but hey, if you don't shoot for the stars, you won't land on the moon.....or....errh....something. I can't wait to get started! Wish me luck!

Random

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is kinda what Better Arsenal is aiming to be. :thumbsup:

for the moment, and im still looking on how to get around the limitations, stuff like bulpups and pump actions are out of the question because there are no animations to support them. belt feds and top loading mags (p90) as well as proper tube fed lever guns (id love to put some real ones in)

mac10 is off limits for the moment, no way to have an accurate reload, same with the lugar i was dying to put in (cant in good conscious put it in without a proper slide animation <.<) and a big letdown, ARs because there really is no animations for racking the bolt.

beth really hosed us on the animation end, and as well gave us the most generic weapon animations to work with. believe me, i /RAGE/ about this on a daily basis

So, if I can manage it, I want to make a mod that incorporates as many real world guns into the game as possible.

(List of predictable COD4/CS Tacticoolery)

That is pretty bloody far from a list of 'real world' guns for a North American post-apoc environment.

How many G36's do you see floating around the US? Hmm? How about MGL-140's? F2000's? Bizon-66's? Are you serious? And what the heck is a PSG-90 - Theres a PSG-1 and an MSG-90 and the last time I checked, HK didn't let them have kids. and its a moot point because there's damn few PSG-1's in civilian hands because they were so bloody expensive and MSG-90's were never sold to civilians at all.

There's a handful that you listed that are realistic - The Beretta 92, P220, USP, Mossberg & Benelli are all reasonably common, the M40A1 is just a military-standardized Winchester Model 70 with some accuracy enhancements so that is common as a concept since there's so many Remington 700's and Winchester Model 70's floating around.

Everything else is a crock, outside of your typical semiauto only AK variants that are plentiful as well as the semiauto AR-15 M4gerys (that's pronounced M-forgery) That so many folks are so keen on tacticooling out with a bunch of poo as if that could hide their utter lack of marksmanship skill.

Nevermind how silly it is to get hung up on so many 'real world' guns, as if an alternate sci-fi timeline that diverges with our own after WW2 and sets a game 200 years after a nuclear war in 2077 would somehow have the exact same mix of guns we have now in 2008.

Bring on the Gauss rifles, I say.

mmm... maybe we should be moving on to the big-ass guns coz when u get the T-51b u almost feel its time to invest points in Big guns and forget about conventional weapons, become a walking tank...

That is pretty bloody far from a list of 'real world' guns for a North American post-apoc environment.

How many G36's do you see floating around the US? Hmm? How about MGL-140's? F2000's? Bizon-66's? Are you serious? And what the heck is a PSG-90 - Theres a PSG-1 and an MSG-90 and the last time I checked, HK didn't let them have kids. and its a moot point because there's damn few PSG-1's in civilian hands because they were so bloody expensive and MSG-90's were never sold to civilians at all.

There's a handful that you listed that are realistic - The Beretta 92, P220, USP, Mossberg & Benelli are all reasonably common, the M40A1 is just a military-standardized Winchester Model 70 with some accuracy enhancements so that is common as a concept since there's so many Remington 700's and Winchester Model 70's floating around.

Everything else is a crock, outside of your typical semiauto only AK variants that are plentiful as well as the semiauto AR-15 M4gerys (that's pronounced M-forgery) That so many folks are so keen on tacticooling out with a bunch of poo as if that could hide their utter lack of marksmanship skill.

Nevermind how silly it is to get hung up on so many 'real world' guns, as if an alternate sci-fi timeline that diverges with our own after WW2 and sets a game 200 years after a nuclear war in 2077 would somehow have the exact same mix of guns we have now in 2008.

Bring on the Gauss rifles, I say.

1. http://www.fallout3nexus.com/news/index.php?id=708

Short version: If it doesn't fit realism or the lore, who cares? So in his dream mod there are G36's in the USA. You don't have to download it, you know :P

2. Chill out, dude. You sound a bit... angry.

3. Weapons don't come strictly from registered civilian owners, you know. You'd also find stuff that was looted from police stations, museums (see Lincoln's Repeater), army bases, the dead bodies of invading Chinese and (I would assume) their allies, enemy spies, drug smugglers, foreign embassy guards, etc. You could get weapons manufactured in the USA for export, or which happened to be on some freighter from Germany to Chile, or from Taiwan to Brazil, and which got nuked in the Panama canal, or God knows what else.

Some people moved around coast-to-coast too (see the Lyon's Pride knights), so a PSG-1 looted from a SWAT armoury in LA could show up on a dead BOS Paladin in DC, and be nicked by some raider. There's even at least one guy in Grayditch which deffected from the Enclave base in Navarro, and apparently took his gun with him.

By the same token, it's not like there's suddenly a force field around the USA. Assuming that the rest of the world is as broken, and for 200 years nobody enforced any borders, you could get guys who moved around from Mexico or Canada or who figured out there's still money to be made in running cocaine from Columbia in a badly repaired coastal freighter. (Why not? In Fallout 2 you repair a bigger ship and sail it to the Enclave.) It's a very long time.

Heck, the Enclave have Vertibirds, so they could have scavenged anything from anywhere and crashed 500 miles away with it.

Archived