Help getting ENB mods to work.

supertaquito

Hello guys, I was hoping some of you could lend me a hand.

For some reason absolutely none of the ENB visual mods work on my skyrim. And I literally mean none of them.

I've tried placing them on a clean install, recheck the .ini files and see that everything is set as per mod instructions.

Nothing.

Either the launcher stops working.

Game loads up the Bethesda logo then crashes back to desktop.

Sometimes it manages to load, and then it crashes out when I select load game.

I hardly believe my system is at fault:

AMD A6-3670K OC'D at 3.4GZ

Sapphire Vapor-X 7770 OC at 1150, and 1350 Clock and memory respectively.

8GB of 1333MHZ Hyper X Blu RAM.

Gigabyte A75-S2V motherboard.

The process I do is as follows:

I download the MOD, follow instructions, and select the one I am interested in. I grab the files,and as per instructions I drop them in the root folder -NOT- data folder.

I go to my documents, games skyrimprefs, and check that the bfloattarget line is set to 1, which it is by default even after a clean install.

That is all the instructions for the mod mentions, but the previously mentioned issues still occur.

Now.. I don't need the mods to be installed, I can still play skyrim comfortably, but it is upsetting because I don't know why it will not work, please ask for all the information you require if you are willing to help.

Thanks a lot in advance.

-Erick

Are you using just a preset (one from nexus), or the actual ENB from here, or both?

If you are just using the first one, then it may crash because it just changes what is already available in the ENB prerequisite.

Other than that, just make sure to check that your game is up to date and the file integrity via steam - games can sometimes download or be shipped without all the required files, not that you would notice it in an unmodded game though as they very rarely miss crucial files. I played FFXIV for awhile, before the subscription fee was enforced, and played it for a long time without noticing that I could not take screenshots and my spells had no AOE, despite the fact that they worked perfectly fine in the beta :P

Edited by Cait833

Yoo! :biggrin:

Try the first step to verify the your game is correct

Verify integrity of game cache

1. Load Steam
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

and you have tryed many other ENB's?

your Skyrim is 1.8 atleast?'

if by chanse it runs nice to start meny, is it working with New Game?

most probably there is files missing from how your problem sounds

am myself using the v0.119 Boris Vorotsov

and Cinematically Realistic ENB 1_2 by "Tywele"

Are you using just a preset (one from nexus), or the actual ENB from here, or both?

If you are just using the first one, then it may crash because it just changes what is already available in the ENB prerequisite.

Other than that, just make sure to check that your game is up to date and the file integrity via steam.

Yoo! :biggrin:

Try the first step to verify the your game is correct

Verify integrity of game cache

1. Load Steam
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

and you have tryed many other ENB's?

your Skyrim is 1.8 atleast?'

if by chanse it runs nice to start meny, is it working with New Game?

most probably there is files missing from how your problem sounds

am myself using the v0.119 Boris Vorotsov

and Cinematically Realistic ENB 1_2 by "Tywele"

Hey thanks for replying guys. My skyrim was not purchased through steam, it's a stand alone version really, and I have no idea what version I have at the moment.. how could I check?

Also, yes, I had been using the mods offered in Nexus for the Cinematic Lightning V11.3-4142 myself.

Other mods such as the XCE work perfectly, it's just ENB that gives me problems.

Also, again do have the actual ENB 0.113 from here - you need to extract the files, from either the wrapper or injector folder (I suggest wrapper as you don't have to keep running the injector before you start skyrim, although it is apparently a bit more aggresive on your system) into your skyrim folder, and then extract you cinematic lighting enb preset so that it overwrites the appropriate files.

I suggest updating also - there should be a manual install somewhere-or-another.

Edited by Cait833

Also, again do have the actual ENB 0.113 from here - you need to extract the files, from either the wrapper or injector folder (Isuggest wrapper as you don't have to keep running the injector before you start skyrim, although it is apparently a bit more aggresive on your system) into your skyrim folder, and then extract you cinematic lighting enb preset so that it overwrites the appropriate files.

I suggest updating also - there should be a manual install somewhere-or-another.

Sorry, yes. I do, but I got confused, there were bot 113, and 119, both were recommended.

Should I just uninstall completely, install clean, update, and try again?

Edited by supertaquito

Wich ENB 113 - 119 etc, is usaly mentioned on the Nexus ENB mods, wich one they were made for, some need an exact version like Cinematically Realistic ENB is at it latest version made for v0.122

and the version i am using is made for v0.117 but i am using the v0.119 instead, for some better presets and more advanced feuteres that was added in that one, and i am myself later changing it to my liking,

but you need both, to get it working it dont matter wich one you choose, just that you have anyone from Boris site, then one from Nexus, mostly for some nexus ENB's using the DLL grafic file from Boris,

here is the link to the ENb i am using on Nexus,

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20654

on the download page, you see wich version of the mod that is used to wich Boris ENBseries

Edited by Shadiva