Help me build my new character!

SteveD12290

So I want to start a new character and I have a few ideas but I would love to hear some builds/mods/roles you used or think would be fun to play! So far I've pretty well played out a Hunter and already have a Shield Maiden going. So I was thinking of a conjurer that also uses alteration to buff their minions or perhaps a nightblade of sorts... anyways, thanks in advance for any input!

So I want to start a new character and I have a few ideas but I would love to hear some builds/mods/roles you used or think would be fun to play! So far I've pretty well played out a Hunter and already have a Shield Maiden going. So I was thinking of a conjurer that also uses alteration to buff their minions or perhaps a nightblade of sorts... anyways, thanks in advance for any input!

This isn't really in line with your OP objective, but I'd like to know more about a Shield Maiden build and I'd like to know more about your Hunter. What is a Shield Maiden? My guess is a pretty female heroine with fancy armor (maybe go to Elven and work your way to Glass, maybe modded armor), who uses a shield and is proficient in blocking. I'm just guessing. Does a Shield Maiden use one handed weapons, as well, and has perks in one-handed? Does a Shield Maiden use restoration magic and has perks in restoration?

Also, tell me more about a Hunter build for a character. I'm about to start a new game sometime soon (I'm just in the process of solving an issue with Nexus Mod Manager), and I'm going to have a female character that has some similarities to a Hunter. She will be a Warrior proficient in one-handed and block. She will make use of a bow for when long range combat is ever needed. Her weapons and armor will be simple. For example, for a bow, I'll either use a Long Bow or a Hunting Bow or a bow from a mod that is wooden. She will use steel arrows. She will use a Skyforge Steel War Axe for close range combat (it'll be her main weapon). She will use hide shields. Her armor will be fur armor. I'll put perks into light armor so that she can, well, stay alive at later levels, haha. :P My character has some similarities to a Hunter build, but I'd like to know more about an actual Hunter build, and I'd like to know more about your Hunter character in specific.

I've been playing mostly as a barbarian in heavy armour and two handed weapon but I've been upgrading other skills too to keeping leveling so I guess I can help you a bit. I guess you know already that Conjuration and Alteration aren't exactly offensive skills though a Dremora Lord or Dead Thrall you summon will do plenty of damage. How you are planning to survive the initial phase? Also summoned creatures and thralls (specially thralls) are not exactly reliable. Without adequate armour and health life can be pretty tough in Skyrim.