My ideas for a new character

Dubnoman

I am planning a character to play. I want to play as a female Nord. She will be proficient in some combat skills, she will have some perks in alchemy, and she'll have some proficiency in non-combat skills.

Here is a game plan I set up on a perk calculator:

http://skyrimcalculator.com/231844

She will make use of light armor. I will have her adventuring around in fur armor. She'll wear hide boots, and for a helmet, I'll use a helmet from a mod; a leather helmet with a fur hood crafted onto it (vanilla helmets make hair from mods disappear, but I find this one covers up things so much, that it avoids this issue). She'll use a hide shield. I will make her really proficient in light armor to compensate for all this. It'll help her to be able to stay alive more often. Also, to help with defense, I will make her very proficient in the block skill tree.

For weapons, she'll use weapons that match her armor. I'll go with steel weapons as fast as I can get a hold of them. Namely, it'll be a steel war axe. I'll work to get a Skyforge Steel War Axe as fast as I can, too. I'll make her proficient in one-handed. For when I can't reach enemies from a distance, I will use a bow and arrows. I will use steel arrows. For a bow, I will use a simple Long Bow. I won't use it much, but it is just a Long Bow, so to help it not be so pathetic, I'll temper it, and also, I'll get some fortify archery apparel that I can equip. I'll use fortify archery potions if I have to, as well.

I will give her some alchemy perks and raise her alchemy skill. I don't want to get carried away with it because all three crafting skills can really make the game easy. I just want some alchemy perks (including Physician and Benefactor) so that she can make healing potions that'll actually do her some good.

I want to use two mods: Dual Sheath plus Shields on Back and Armed to the Teeth. I want to add some more realism to the game. I could have her weapons and shield visible when not in use. This will add some realism, but of course there will still be unrealistic things about this sort of thing, what with the way our characters can carry around many potions and tons of loot. :P

I'll make sure to get her a horse. For when a quest is really tough, I'll get one or two followers. The followers I'll use will be two others good at combat: Lydia and Mjoll the Lioness. I will have her marry one of them, probably Mjoll the Lioness, and whoever I marry, I'll use them as a follower whenever I need just one follower. I'll go around solo a lot of times, though. I will have my female Nord warrior have somewhat short (but not too short) blonde hair (hair from a hair pack mod). I will give her brown eyes. Since she is a Nord, I'll have her join the Stormcloaks, and I'll have her do that questline. She will also join the Companions and do that questline.

What do you guys think of this idea for a character? Now, I seek some advice. I wanted to put some perks into some non-combat perks. I wanted to help her with costs, so I wanted to give her perks in haggling. Btw, I will use the mod "Economics of Skyrim". Also, I put some perks into lockpicking because I want her to get two perks shown in the perk calculator. One of them helps you get more gold in chests, and one of them makes it 50% more likely to get rare loot in chests. Now what I could do is just fill up the 5-tier Alchemist perk from Alchemy and make tons of money via selling potions. This could also free up several perk points. However, I think I want to just go to 3/5 for the Alchemist perk set and help with money and costs by the right perks in Speech and Lockpicking. It'd be more interesting that way, and it'd require me to go on quests more and go through more dungeons to get more loot. Plus, it'd make my character more interesting to have some non-combat skills. Instead of being almost a straight up warrior, she could be more of an adventurer (who happens to be very skillful with some combat skills). What do you guys think? Should I just let the potions take care of me financially, giving me more perk points, or should I make things more interesting? If I took the perks out of lockpicking and speech, I'd put two more perks into alchemy and put some perks into archery (see perk calculator link below).

http://skyrimcalculator.com/231861

Edit: The Skyrim perk calculator with speech perks is a general blueprint for this character I want to play. I will also use this mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18919 It will change where perks are placed to some degree (for perks I'll spend in between levels 2-50).

Edited by Dubnoman

I am planning a character to play. I want to play as a female Nord. She will be proficient in some combat skills, she will have some perks in alchemy, and she'll have some proficiency in non-combat skills.

Here is a game plan I set up on a perk calculator:

http://skyrimcalculator.com/231844

She will make use of light armor. I will have her adventuring around in fur armor. She'll wear hide boots, and for a helmet, I'll use a helmet from a mod; a leather helmet with a fur hood crafted onto it (vanilla helmets make hair from mods disappear, but I find this one covers up things so much, that it avoids this issue). She'll use a hide shield. I will make her really proficient in light armor to compensate for all this. It'll help her to be able to stay alive more often. Also, to help with defense, I will make her very proficient in the block skill tree.

For weapons, she'll use weapons that match her armor. I'll go with steel weapons as fast as I can get a hold of them. Namely, it'll be a steel war axe. I'll work to get a Skyforge Steel War Axe as fast as I can, too. I'll make her proficient in one-handed. For when I can't reach enemies from a distance, I will use a bow and arrows. I will use steel arrows. For a bow, I will use a simple Long Bow. I won't use it much, but it is just a Long Bow, so to help it not be so pathetic, I'll temper it, and also, I'll get some fortify archery apparel that I can equip. I'll use fortify archery potions if I have to, as well.

I will give her some alchemy perks and raise her alchemy skill. I don't want to get carried away with it because all three crafting skills can really make the game easy. I just want some alchemy perks (including Physician and Benefactor) so that she can make healing potions that'll actually do her some good.

I want to use two mods: Dual Sheath plus Shields on Back and Armed to the Teeth. I want to add some more realism to the game. I could have her weapons and shield visible when not in use. This will add some realism, but of course there will still be unrealistic things about this sort of thing, what with the way our characters can carry around many potions and tons of loot. :P

I'll make sure to get her a horse. For when a quest is really tough, I'll get one or two followers. The followers I'll use will be two others good at combat: Lydia and Mjoll the Lioness. I will have her marry one of them, probably Mjoll the Lioness, and whoever I marry, I'll use them as a follower whenever I need just one follower. I'll go around solo a lot of times, though. I will have my female Nord warrior have somewhat short (but not too short) blonde hair (hair from a hair pack mod). I will give her brown eyes. Since she is a Nord, I'll have her join the Stormcloaks, and I'll have her do that questline. She will also join the Companions and do that questline.

What do you guys think of this idea for a character? Now, I seek some advice. I wanted to put some perks into some non-combat perks. I wanted to help her with costs, so I wanted to give her perks in haggling. Btw, I will use the mod "Economics of Skyrim". Also, I put some perks into lockpicking because I want her to get two perks shown in the perk calculator. One of them helps you get more gold in chests, and one of them makes it 50% more likely to get rare loot in chests. Now what I could do is just fill up the 5-tier Alchemist perk from Alchemy and make tons of money via selling potions. This could also free up several perk points. However, I think I want to just go to 3/5 for the Alchemist perk set and help with money and costs by the right perks in Speech and Lockpicking. It'd be more interesting that way, and it'd require me to go on quests more and go through more dungeons to get more loot. Plus, it'd make my character more interesting to have some non-combat skills. Instead of being almost a straight up warrior, she could be more of an adventurer (who happens to be very skillful with some combat skills). What do you guys think? Should I just let the potions take care of me financially, giving me more perk points, or should I make things more interesting? If I took the perks out of lockpicking and speech, I'd put two more perks into alchemy and put some perks into archery (see perk calculator link below).

http://skyrimcalculator.com/231861

Interesting! While you won't be Godlike playing that way I suppose being practically invulnerable gets boring after a while. Investing in speech is absolutely essential because traders carry so little gold. Maybe you should get yourself a Foresworn bow; a tough Nord adventurer like yourself will have met and defeated quite a few of these rebels in her adventures.

One way you can free up some perk points is to embrace your "criminal" past and do just the Thieves Guild Special Jobs. This basically makes putting points into Speech unnecessary. Basically starting the game filling in the gaps of your questionable past before doing anything else. Go straight to Riften, do just the Special Jobs and the hold Reputation quests and thats it - don't advance the TG main quest at all (i.e. don't do the Goldenglow Estate job). Once you've opened up the fences then travel to Riverwood and start your post chopping block life - born again after seeing your life flash before you.

I've done this before and never stepped foot in the TG Headquarters again.

You don't get all the fences as there are a couple that require advancing the main TG questline, but you get enough that moving merchandise for the rest of the game shouldn't be a problem since all will have 4,000 gold to do business with.

Just an idea.

Interesting! While you won't be Godlike playing that way I suppose being practically invulnerable gets boring after a while. Investing in speech is absolutely essential because traders carry so little gold. Maybe you should get yourself a Foresworn bow; a tough Nord adventurer like yourself will have met and defeated quite a few of these rebels in her adventures.

It won't make my character very powerful, but I'll be able to manage, especially on normal difficulty. Also, I can always get Mjoll the Lioness to go with me for hard dungeons, and I can bring Lydia along as well, if I need another follower. Also, something else that will make it not so hard for me is a mod that modifies the speech tree. It has perks that give you benefits to dragon shouts (a 2-tier perk set that has better shout cooldowns and a perk that makes shouts 30% more powerful/last 30% longer (one or both, depending on the shout). Here is the mod. I will definitely be putting perks into speech because of this mod. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18919

One way you can free up some perk points is to embrace your "criminal" past and do just the Thieves Guild Special Jobs. This basically makes putting points into Speech unnecessary. Basically starting the game filling in the gaps of your questionable past before doing anything else. Go straight to Riften, do just the Special Jobs and the hold Reputation quests and thats it - don't advance the TG main quest at all (i.e. don't do the Goldenglow Estate job). Once you've opened up the fences then travel to Riverwood and start your post chopping block life - born again after seeing your life flash before you.

I've done this before and never stepped foot in the TG Headquarters again.

You don't get all the fences as there are a couple that require advancing the main TG questline, but you get enough that moving merchandise for the rest of the game shouldn't be a problem since all will have 4,000 gold to do business with.

Just an idea.

I'll have to find out how to do those quests for the thieves guild. Do you mean when you join the thieves guild, never bother with the main questline, but the quests I do are the small jobs given to you by some guy in the thieves guild?

Also, I'm pretty sure the economics of Skyrim mod allows you to choose higher amounts of gold for merchants to carry. I think there are four or five, and it goes up to 5,000 or 10,000 (starts off at 500 more and 1000 more, IIRC). You get to choose what you want for the merchants gold amounts.

Mjoll the Lioness brings her boyfriend along and that's going to spoil you "all girl" party. :D Also she quits after he dies - definitely not very professional of her. :down:

Ah, the beauty of the PC version and it's mods. :D There are mods to make that guy that follows her (I forgot his name) go away and never follow her again. So you can marry her and not worry about the creeper being there as she and your character sleep at night. :P

If Mjoll loses all her health, will she crawl away and recover health like Lydia? Or will she just die, and I'll have to reload the game if I wanna keep her in my game?