Wearing Animal Skins

bjeet

If you joined the imperials, you can loot that armor from Stormclaok Officers during the battle of Whiterun, or you can loot if of "Ulfric's loud mouthed bodyguard" when you get to kill him.

I think fraquar is right and you also get it if you join the Stormcloaks, but I'm not sure about that.

If you can't do this anymore because you have already done the civil war quests (or you don't want to do the civil war quests), there is always the option to use the console like mentioned above.

There is no need to get an invasive mod like warzones just because you want a piece of vanilla armor. That is ridiculous.

Well, I'm sorry, I didn't know any of that, having never done the Civil War quest line.

I just tried to offer advice.

So you never did the quest lines that involves the civil war factions, yet you just assume one of the faction armors is not available in vanilla Skyrim?

I know you were just trying to be nice, but advising people on stuff you don't really know will often give them more trouble than they had to begin with.

I mean, you wouldn't go to your car mechanic for medical advice.

I haven't done the Civil War Quest either. I was going to join the Storm Cloaks because the Empire tried to kill me. Meeting Brunwulf Free Winter and Madanach changed all that. Don't like the idea of joining the Empire (even though my character is an Imperial) because they lack a spine, I mean they let the Thalmor roam around the countryside picking up people for interrogation. No self respecting nation ought to do that. I have half a mind to chop everyone Storm Cloaks, Legionaries, Thalmors to pieces with my axe and becoming the Emperor of Tamriel.

Wish I could create an army (with Lydia as my general) and invade Akavir. :unsure: :biggrin:

If you joined the imperials, you can loot that armor from Stormclaok Officers during the battle of Whiterun, or you can loot if of "Ulfric's loud mouthed bodyguard" when you get to kill him.

I think fraquar is right and you also get it if you join the Stormcloaks, but I'm not sure about that.

If you can't do this anymore because you have already done the civil war quests (or you don't want to do the civil war quests), there is always the option to use the console like mentioned above.

There is no need to get an invasive mod like warzones just because you want a piece of vanilla armor. That is ridiculous.

Well, I'm sorry, I didn't know any of that, having never done the Civil War quest line.

I just tried to offer advice.

So you never did the quest lines that involves the civil war factions, yet you just assume one of the faction armors is not available in vanilla Skyrim?

I know you were just trying to be nice, but advising people on stuff you don't really know will often give them more trouble than they had to begin with.

I mean, you wouldn't go to your car mechanic for medical advice.

Cool your jets man.

For one, that armour is pretty unique to the main game questline. It's found on a select few NPCs. I had no idea whether the OP wanted to go through an entire set of quests to obtain the armour, and was unsure myself of how you might obtain it in the base game, so I offered what I thought the next best option.

As it happened, the OP wanted to face some more challenging NPCs in-game, so the suggestion of Warzones worked out.

Think the mod "More Craftables" lets you craft pretty much any vanilla armor/clothing as well. If it doesn't there is certainly a mod that will allow it to be crafted not sure which one though (I just know I can craft it, not sure which mod did it). Check through the crafting mods if you find the Warzones route too much. Check out some of the weapon and armor collections as well if you're finding the vanilla armors too bland, there are some good ones.