NPCs moving into vanilla player homes

rbc1989

This is something I have wanted for a very long time. Npcs end up buying the player homes in the vanilla game rather then the player owning a home in every city. I would be okay if it only happened after buying one of the vanilla homes. Another possibility is if none of the homes are for sale instead all the homes are already owned by new npcs. Would be nice to see them filled up rather then empty since I only use one player home a play through anyway. In Morrowind for the 3 player homes as soon as you built one the other two were built and npcs lived them meaning you only got one of the playerhomes. I loved that.

Edited by rbc1989

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is something I have wanted for a very long time. Npcs end up buying the player homes in the vanilla game rather then the player owning a home in every city. I would be okay if it only happened after buying one of the vanilla homes. Another possibility is if none of the homes are for sale instead all the homes are already owned by new npcs. Would be nice to see them filled up rather then empty since I only use one player home a play through anyway. In Morrowind for the 3 player homes as soon as you built one the other two were built and npcs lived them meaning you only got one of the playerhomes. I loved that.

In is not clear what is important to you in your request, NPCs buying your vacant homes or having NPCs occupying those homes. I use Nether's Followers Framework for managing my army of followers. NFF allows you to set up 20 locations as follower homes. That works just fine for all of the Vanilla game homes as well. You can then move as many of your followers in as you would like. To check this out I just moved 6 of my followers into Lakeview Manor. They use the Master bed and the two children's beds. They won't use the three beds in the "Bedroom" wing I built on the west side of the house, but of course that is a Bethesda thing. Only children will use those beds.

If you mean to have the guard who laments "boy oh boy, wish I could have bought that place" living in the home...probably not possible without someone creating a mod to do it. If you mean vanilla NPCs turned follower, what the above folks said.

AFAIK, you *can make a hearthfire home publicly accessible (I believe) but that doesn't mean that some random vanilla NPC will sleep there.

If you become Thane of the holds, you can just pass it off as if the houses are owned by your housecarls. They spend all their time inside anyhow, so it's not as if them sticking to their beds in the side rooms is immersion breaking. That's how I play it.