Colour Saturation, Brightness.

ArcturusFyr

I have very limited experience beyond WinXP. I have a non-gaming laptop running Vista (that I keep threatening to toss and install one of my spare copies of XP) and have set up and maintain a few netbooks and one gaming laptop for my grandkids running Win7. In addition to Koroush's guide I have a number of reference volumes on XP but haven't anything similar on Vista/Win7.

Part of setting up an XP machine is turning off unneeded services. Because I'm just following a template now it's really just an 'order of execution' thing (which is why I say 'my annotated copy' of the tweak guide). When I troubleshoot I always try one thing at a time and document exactly the steps taken. Makes it easy to find my way back should I suddenly discover I'm lost in the wilderness.

Laptops are a bit different than setting up a desktop you've cobbled together from a box of goodies (which is in part what keeps Vista on my own laptop). Manufacturers have made a lot of optimizations to Windows to enhance battery life/performance etc. That alone makes documenting the steps you've taken even more important.

At this point i'm totally humbled, I thought I could do this type of thing with impunity (because most of time I would see only performance boost's; faster boot time's, and fps increase's). Initially, my laptop only had 7-8GB of Ram for free use, later on 12, then 13, then 14 (over the course of'a year)... I think the 14 part maybe what's causing the problem's.

Will work from there and try to keep ya updated.

Well... It's been quite awhile, but I've finally managed to fix my Desktop Colouration issue, and that of Skyrim and Oblivion(<- Maybe, result's might vary). All I had to do fer my Desktop was to use the colour management utility, the step's can be found in this video.

.As fer Skyrim and Oblivion, turning down the slider at it's lowest was a no-go, the only fer me to get proper brightness and colour was setting the brightness slider to "medium/center" and restarting the game. Afterward's, brightness and colour was improved significantly. Meaning dark place's are darker, and place's that are supposed to have deep not-so-bleached colour's have rich and ambient colour's, where-as before everything seemed washed out and a bit too bright fer me. This was the fix fer me, if anyone wish's to add, feel free to do so.

Thank's in Advance.