Why you should join the Stormcloaks.

Kdeebrosive

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with much of what you said. The problem with the Stormcloaks is that they are a bunch of self-righteous, arrogant, racist, foolish, rabble led by a man who has delusions of grandeur and has no qualms advancing to that power by floating on a sea of blood spilled by his fellow countrymen. Do I like the Aldmeri Dominion? No. But the Empire was caught between a rock and a hard-place. The treaty signed by the Empire was the only thing that kept the Aldmeri from obliterating the Empire. You think it's bad under Imperial rule? Try living under the mighty thumb of some flounced-up Elves with a grossly inflated opinion of their own importance.

I am a High Elf. I am an archer, a damned good one too. I earned my place in Skyrim and fought alongside Imperial troops who cared for me and respected me. And I would take one Imperial brother-in-arms over 10 Stormcloaks any day. In Ulfric's precious kingdom I would have been thrown into a slum to rot with all the other races that were not his precious Nord's.

The Empire wanted peace, not war. They wanted to have a citizenry who could live without the fear of having Aldmeri troops storm into their village and slaughter their children. Jarl Ulfric wanted a war. He wanted to have fathers and mothers die on the sides of snowy mountains and cold fortresses in his lustful grab for power. So like many other power-crazed lunatics, he found himself cut down.

Kdeebrosive, I find you tinge your speech with the same distasteful racism that the Stormcloaks proselytize. You claim that you cannot picture an Argonian or Elf being dragonborn. It is that attitude that crippled the Stormcloaks. Skyrim is a land of many races and people's. You Nord's don't belong to that land, you fought and stole it from the Snow Elves centuries ago. So do not pretend that you have a divinely-appointed right to that land. I am Ayleth Sa'Aneid, first and only son of Eraleyn Sa'Aneid, born and raised in Valenwood, now live in Skyrim, a land I have fought, bled, and lost many brothers for. In another language I am known as Dovahkiin, Dragonborn. And I would die to defend those in Skyrim who cannot defend themselves.

Well said, sir.

I love what this thread has become, a political debate on the state of Tamriel and the fate of the provinces that made up the Empire in previous titles in the series. This makes me feel like we really are a community here at Nexus and that’s a good thing.

As to the Empire vs Stormcloaks, comparing either side to RL Villains like Hitler is missing a lot of the characterisation that Skyrim’s authors put into both sides. These are not one-dimensional caricatures; they are scripted as if they are real people. Both sides are right and both sides are wrong as well, just like in RL conflicts that don’t have a Hitler leading one of the sides. If any side in this game is truly villainous, it’s the Aldmeri; they’re the ones committing genocide in Valenwood.

Yes, Ulfric killed the High King. However, he did so within the context of a traditional Nord duel between Jarl and King. The King is meant to be the strongest of the Jarls and this tradition provides a method of honourably removing a weak king. (The fact that it is possible for both participants in this duel to be found in Sovnguarde proves that they are both honourable.)

Yes, the Empire surrendered to the Aldmeri whose racism won’t accept any human (even Talos) as being above an Elf. This was done when the capital city had fallen into Aldmeri hands to try to salvage something from the disaster.

Both sides have valid points to make and flaws to be pointed out. Which is best depends on which side the Dragonborn chooses and both sides are valid choices no matter which race the Dragonborn is.

Of the original Imperial provinces, Skyrim is the only one not devastated or lost in the war and, as a rugged mountainous region, it is the best suited to defend against Aldmeri assault. Whichever side wins the Civil War will have to make its stand against the Aldmeri in Skyrim; that’s why it’s so important and why it’s the setting of TES5.

Playing as a dark elf what do you think the likely hood would be if he joined the stormcloaks. Do you think it could be possible if this was for say real.

Knowing enough of ulfric's personality and specially his bodyguard. Nope.. they'd refuse and thats the nicest thing they would do, the worse would be that they would use you for entertainment and send you off to northern shores and left you for dead or in any other precipice.

Sure, Stormcloaks are racist, but in skyrim they have a point. Elves on skyrim are usually nothing but trouble. Thalmor are a big example of that. (Which doesn't mean they all are, but still.)

The racism was a dealbreaker because Ulfric claims that the Nords are being oppressed and that he's fighting for them... And yet he oppresses the Dark Elves by confining them to a slum. That's utter hypocrisy.

Ya, I don't like their racism. At least the Empire is civilized and tolerant of all races.

The Stormcloaks are indeed about as Racist as you can get and the Empire is at least tolerant of the other races of course the "High Elf Overseers" of the Empire are just as Racist as the Stormcloaks.

The Stormcloaks wouldn't stand a chance against the Thalmor. The Stormcloaks are basically helping the Thalmor by weakening the Empire and dividing the people of Skyrim.

Not true. Hammerfell was able to drive back the Thalmor alone, after the Empire abandoned them.