New and 1’ Mod

HYDRAK23

Hi i create my first mod, i wonder if is legal extract tex and mesh from the original oblivion file .bsa, and publicate the mod later on on nexus? In the specific are tex/mesh of 1 trap door , 1 door , 1 key ??for the rest is all made whit the CS ... Thank you ;)

Ps. I read the rules and copyright but i haven t found a answer and also i hope this was the right section for my post

Edited by HYDRAK23

Hi thank you for answer!! I will try the CS ext... about the the file , maybe is me that i miss experience, i try to create a new trapdoor from the left menu, but whitout success.. i create a new cell no problem, but using a trapdoor, key, door i was scare to mess up samething or create a eventually bug.. because i change the name of it.. and also i will have to add few container and empry them..my project is a massive Armory/Player house/hideout anyway i m days away for complete.. enought time to get more info about Edited by HYDRAK23

If you want to use something that is included in the vanilla game (meaning it's assets like meshes and textures are included in the vanilla game BSA files) then all you do is drag it down to the Render window and adjust where you want it in your mod. The game will know where to look for it when it loads your mod.

Edited by Striker879

Hi thank you for answer!! I will try the CS ext... about the the file , maybe is me that i miss experience, i try to create a new trapdoor from the left menu, but whitout success.. i create a new cell no problem, but using a trapdoor, key, door i was scare to mess up samething or create a eventually bug.. because i change the name of it.. and also i will have to add few container and empry them..my project is a massive Armory/Player house/hideout anyway i m days away for complete.. enought time to get more info about

Thank you i will do!! In caise... i m allow to use the original Mesh and and change the color and/or add a icon on one original Tex? ( extract from texture.bsa) Thank you all guys for the answer!!

Ps. i just want to avoid problem like violation of copyright and subsequently ban!

PPs. Same question if i use NifScope for change the mesh… basically can use a mesh and tex from the original Textrures.bsa / Meshes.bsa and change it for adap them to my mod? Whitout violete the Besthesda Sofwork file/Copyright?? Sorry for the confusion O.o

Edited by HYDRAK23

Thank you for the answer :wink:

ps. i have a bad time whit Nifskope 2 , i manage to use my textures, but i don t understand how i can set the right Tex path... exampple : I have oblivion install in D but if sameone else have install the game in the C: disk or E: or if maybe there is a extra folder beetween the Disk and the Data folder, how i can make sure that everyone will see the texture? and not purple object?? i try to add those path : C:./Data and D:./Data but dosn t work... :huh:

PPs maybe i found the way, i have just set the path from textures\………. that s correct??

textures\architecture\aasecretarmory\interior\frame-1.dds
textures\architecture\aasecretarmory\interior\frame-a2.dds
textures\architecture\aasecretarmory\interior\main trapdoor.dds

Edited by HYDRAK23

Thank you for the answer :wink:

ps. i have a bad time whit Nifskope 2 , i manage to use my textures, but i don t understand how i can set the right Tex path... exampple : I have oblivion install in D but if sameone else have install the game in the C: disk or E: or if maybe there is a extra folder beetween the Disk and the Data folder, how i can make sure that everyone will see the texture? and not purple object?? i try to add those path : C:./Data and D:./Data but dosn t work... :huh:

PPs maybe i found the way, i have just set the path from textures\………. that s correct??

textures\architecture\aasecretarmory\interior\frame-1.dds

textures\architecture\aasecretarmory\interior\frame-a2.dds

textures\architecture\aasecretarmory\interior\main trapdoor.dds

Yup you've got it. Always start at Textures\... so that the game will find the proper texture no matter where the user has the game installed.